Show off your advertizing pieces...

Big 4 ft light up sign I just bought....didn't need it...but bought it anyway...:doah:

I liked the Lauson Power Products aspect of it...I figure that probably dates it back to the 60's...all sheetmetal light box with pleated chrome end caps..
Wow, that's a dandy. I was watching it, I didn't realize it was 3 ft long:blink:

markus

KK that sign is the bomb!!!:thumbsup:

I've actually had these for awhile but I finally hung them up:

This sign only came with a limited amount of letters so I had to get creative :doah:

markus

Here's something kinda cool I just picked up. Its a Huffy Lubrication center, its new in the box and the cool thing is there is a minibike printed one the box on all 4 sides, This predates huffman/turfmaster building minibikes though so its actually a Bird/sears bike, but its still cool. I can actually use 2 of the three pieces anyway:thumbsup:

I gotta find a cool place to hang it, but this will do for pictures for now:

Might be cool to tape off the emblem and spray the mount plum crazy purple to go with my Hustler thats now up on the shelf :pimp:

I also got this, its another sort of mini bike related object. Carlisle tire and rubber promotional lighter, unused and NOS. Its not a zippo brand but its dam nice for a copy. this is actually probably just going to go on ebay as I will be selling my small "zippo" collection soon but I thought it was cool, as Carlisle was very involved with making tires specifically for mini bikes

Last edited:

markus

Heres the latest addition to the collection, a Tecumseh chalkboard:

Way bigger than I thought it was!!! the "chalkboard" has about had it so I am gonna try to resurface it with the paint they have. the paint though is still nice everyhere else just has some schmutz on it that will buff out. the symbol and sales and service are pressed, its pretty cool :thumbsup:

markus

cool! before painting it i would try and find out if there is some kind of way to revitalize it. must be chalk boards in schools last 50 years :shrug:
Its actually paint thats on it over the metal. I bought some spray can chalkboard paint the other day, gonna see what it does and go from there.

Just got this today, I had been wanting one but I was not real dilgent in looking. So I paid a bit on the higher side of what they average in price, but it does have the original box in good shape and the instructions etc..

Now I have a no excuse to go out there and get some motors together that I have been avoiding!!!!

Just got this today, I had been wanting one but I was not real dilgent in looking. So I paid a bit on the higher side of what they average in price, but it does have the original box in good shape and the instructions etc..
I bought one of those last year. Yours is in much better condition. Hey wait till you see how tedious it is to use these. LOL, you have to get that arm/screw deal exactly right on the piston.

Then, while adjusting, if you think about sneezing, the needle goes have a revolution. :laugh:

markus

I bought one of those last year. Yours is in much better condition. Hey wait till you see how tedious it is to use these. LOL, you have to get that arm/screw deal exactly right on the piston.

Then, while adjusting, if you think about sneezing, the needle goes have a revolution. :laugh:

Yea I used to use something similar on radio control boats I raced years ago. Didn't have to use a crazy offset piece for it, but was kinda a pain.

That is a great tool I've had one for years...if you're setting the timing any other way (unless you've got the head off) ....you're just kidding yourself.
Me too, it's nice working on these engines with the proper tools.

Just picked this guy up earlier this year, it's had a battery in it for about six months and it keeps perfect time:thumbsup:

markus

Picked up a clock the other day. I dont care for the later design so it probably wont last long on the wall but its still cool :thumbsup:

This is a "custom" job I am experimenting with, not sure just where I want to hang it yet so I stuck it on the shelf for now. trying to figure out a clean easy way to slice the tire right down the center so I can make 2 of them :shrug:

that reminds me Markus. I didnt yet post my clock here yet. I cut the tire in half with a sawzall and cleaned it up with a grinder. curcular saw works fine too. no steel belts to hit. I didnt paint the lettering yet since white will clash with the clock face so if i do paint them itll be matching.

markus

Very cool Jeep:thumbsup: I am going cut up another tire I have thats a non Carlisle thats in really bad shape to use pieces of for tank mount cushioning and figured on experimenting a little with a few of my saws to see what would cut it the easiest/cleanest. I glued my advertisment insert to a fox wheel half and slipped it in the tire to give it something solid to hang on the wall. I kick myself now, but 2 years ago I had a case of clock kits and a sold them off :doah:

Didn't find it. Haven't seen it in 18 years, but thought I still had it:eek:ut: It was that ceramic motor cycle girl. My Aunt Doris painted one of those for me back in the 70's. It was painted the color of my race bike and her clothes was painted the color of my racing leathers. I'll have to look in some junk boxes that I have. Now you have me thinking:eek:ut: That motor cycle girl was on my shelf in my other house from 1978 to 1995.

markus

Didn't find it. Haven't seen it in 18 years, but thought I still had it:eek:ut: It was that ceramic motor cycle girl. My Aunt Doris painted one of those for me back in the 70's. It was painted the color of my race bike and her clothes was painted the color of my racing leathers. I'll have to look in some junk boxes that I have. Now you have me thinking:eek:ut: That motor cycle girl was on my shelf in my other house from 1978 to 1995.
that would be cool if you found it:thumbsup: I remember them in the late 70's. One year my aunt must have taken a ceramics class cause I remember getting like 3 of the other figures from the same series for christmas that she had done. being 6-7 years old at the time lets just say I was not real excited to get sort of delicate ceramic figures as a present :doah: that was the year I got my first BB gun though, so the figures DID come in handy :laugh:

I found this one in an antique shop, I turned a corner and saw a group of those huge heads on a shelf, Luckily they were willing to break up the set, or I would have had to dig out my BB gun again!!!