Show us your monster engine

Hey gang,

I picked up a deal on CL yesterday.

A running 23A Briggs and free Wisconsin S-7D for $30.

The Briggs is ultra cool, built in June of '59, 23 cubes, 9 HP and huge!

90 lbs or so of cast iron, about 19" tall with a 12" diameter shroud.

The 7 horse Wisconsin is about 10 years newer and 18 cubes. Unfortunatly, it has the dreaded gear ruduction unit on it.

The best part of buying these was the last owner's story about firing up the Briggs. :eek:ut:

He told me, it was sitting on the garage floor, he put some gas in it, TIED a rope and handle to the starting pulley and gave it a few yanks. Well, it fired up, at full throttle! The rope and handle were swinging around like mad and whacked him in the head a couple times.

He went on to say he went one way and the motor went the other, bouncing across the concrete. He got brave and chased it down, grabbed the plug wire to pull it off. You guessed it, now he couldn't let go! Wish I could have seen this all happen. At least he lived to tell of it.

Here are a few pics, the last one is the Briggs next to a HS40 Tec, just for size comparison.

Let's see some pics of your large air cooled beasts, including those cool twins.
Being a proud American, bigger is better, even if it's impractical.:bowdown:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I have a large 11hp briggs flathead from years ago in my garage. But it still doesn't make more power than my modified 6.5hp motors.

Some heavy old wisconsin engines. Model ACN on the left, 1955 6hp @ 3600. Model AK on the right, 4.1hp @ 2400.

shelby, ever get that briggs done?

65ShelbyClone

shelby, ever get that briggs done?
Nah, it's apart right now for some Ti valves and retainers. I only just got the hard chrome and steel tips dissolved off the stems so I can shorten them.

Since you brought up the Wisconsins, I forgot about my AK/AKN/whatever it is.

It's a heavy mother with that cast iron reduction box. I want to find a regular crank and sidecover so I can use it for something other than a cement mixer.

Then there's this 24ci mess from '06. It blew up on the bench and never went anywhere:

I'd really like to find a 16hp Briggs single, a Kohler K361 OHV 16hp single, or pretty much any OHV v-twin. I had a 16hp Briggs single, but sold it years ago. :doah:

Bigest one I have is my 10 hp at 1400 rpm Petter clone.

Hand built one of a kind, 450 pounds of oil burning furry ( any oil its diesel ).

I need to snap a picture but its all tarped up in hybernation waiting for the world to blow up....

Neck

Growing up is optional
32 cubic inch 16 H.P. Cast Iron Briggs & Stratton electric start through the generator. I got to put this in something some day, but it's HUGE!

And coming to a Baja Warrior near me soon, a GX620 20 H.P. V Twin

Nah, it's apart right now for some Ti valves and retainers. I only just got the hard chrome and steel tips dissolved off the stems so I can shorten them.

Since you brought up the Wisconsins, I forgot about my AK/AKN/whatever it is.

It's a heavy mother with that cast iron reduction box. I want to find a regular crank and sidecover so I can use it for something other than a cement mixer.

Then there's this 24ci mess from '06. It blew up on the bench and never went anywhere:

I'd really like to find a 16hp Briggs single, a Kohler K361 OHV 16hp single, or pretty much any OHV v-twin. I had a 16hp Briggs single, but sold it years ago. :doah:
where did you find that turbo? it's ultra cool :thumbsup: :innocent: