Slot cars

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I never got into it, but like to see them in action. I had a few frineds that use to be into it. They are very expensive to be so small.

i know i have over $200 in a motor and a $440.00 controller but we race alot with a new motor that is only $12.00 and they are fast for $12

I just pulled an old one out yesterday and tore the body off. I think it dates to 1993. It was in the early sixties that Revell had a Raceway in or near Inglewood, CA, Manchester or Florence Ave or Century...????.. It kinda died out. As a small child I remember having fun...

TT

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I just pulled an old one out yesterday and tore the body off. I think it dates to 1993. It was in the early sixties that Revell had a Raceway in or near Inglewood, CA, Manchester or Florence Ave or Century...????.. It kinda died out. As a small child I remember having fun...

TT
I can't remember that. I only been in Inglewood for the last few years.
I was in junoir high back in 93.

That kart slot car looks good.

It was there very early. Even the first Mac Donald's was also in Inglewood. Living in Culver City, I went there as a kid. In 1993 era there was a slot car track for a short time at Balboa and Sherman Way in the Valley owed by a Perverd. His employee stole him blind. His name the employee was , Kurt Purham... He was a bad bad boy. He also knew how to make slot cars very fast! At that time, we had just bought a new 1993 Mustang 5.0 GT in Orange, it was a nice car till it hit 50,000 miles then turned ino a toad..The 1994 new body styles were just coming out...

TT

It was there very early. Even the first Mac Donald's was also in Inglewood. Living in Culver City, I went there as a kid. In 1993 era there was a slot car track for a short time at Balboa and Sherman Way in the Valley owed by a Perverd. His employee stole him blind. His name the employee was , Kurt Purham... He was a bad bad boy. He also knew how to make slot cars very fast! At that time, we had just bought a new 1993 Mustang 5.0 GT in Orange, it was a nice car till it hit 50,000 miles then turned ino a toad..The 1994 new body styles were just coming out...

TT
The Revell Raceway was at LaTiera and Manchester. In the 60's in the S.F.V. there was a Revell Raceway on Burbank Blvd and Whittsett. Also Circle T Raceway on Vanowen by Vineland in North Hollywood,and Tom Thumb Raceway on Woodman by Osborne in Arleta. Those were the good ol days !

My dad has a whole box full of slot cars that he used to race when he was a kid. They are all in really great shape. We still have a lot of the old track, parts, and cars from the really mini electric cars. I played with them a lot as a kid and will have it all handed down to me at some point.