Some info on the new Predator, And $55 Clones!

Today I went to HF and picked up another clone, My store still had 7 left. I also exchanged one of mine, so i ended up leaving with 2 new engines. :thumbsup: I got a chance to look at the new predator 212, and i have to say the block casting looks damn good. On a different note, I have heard that they have plastic cam gears, and the crank journal is bigger than a clone. :no:

Today I went to HF and picked up another clone, My store still had 7 left. I also exchanged one of mine, so i ended up leaving with 2 new engines. :thumbsup: I got a chance to look at the new predator 212, and i have to say the block casting looks damn good. On a different note, I have heard that they have plastic cam gears, and the crank journal is bigger than a clone. :no:
If this happens to be the case on the new engines, my old school(lol) brand new 58 dollar clones just doubled or tripled in price :biggrin:

next thing you know we're gonna see an ad on eBay for "Vintage Blue HF 6.5 Clone"
:laugh: you might be on to something there! I hope not, but Harbor Freight may have just in a way shot themselves in the foot sort of and possibly just skyrocketed the "old" blue clones values. Mine are staying in boxes, ungassed and un oiled for now, see how this plays out. To be honest, Im not into clones really at all, Id rather go briggs or Tecumseh period correct but when I saw they were that cheap, I figured id buy a couple and use them for horse trading or use one on my project minis till im done building the engine I want on there, just so I can use it in the meantime.

next thing you know we're gonna see an ad on eBay for "Vintage Blue HF 6.5 Clone"

good thing i have a few of those vintage blue clones new in box sitting in my garage! :laugh:

i dont think they will rocket that much in value. the bsp yellow clones are still readily available, and sell for cheap. not as cheap as the blue lifans, but cheap enough to where nobody will be getting 200 smackers for a blue lifan.

if someone does manage to get 200 for one brand new, good for them. there is a sucker born every minute. hopefully i can find a couple for mine! :wink:

if not, i have 2 nice clones sitting here ready for a project coming up.

the new predator engines supposedly have a plastic gear on the camshaft , so i was told....
i run blue max engines so i dont concern myself with it but for the guys who buy hf engines i thought id share that in case someones looking at those as a replacement and no interchange able parts as of yet for that predator ,unlike the hf blue 6.5 do your own research cheers

Some specs (courtesy of BradH on 4Cycle)

Crank Journal: 1.182

Cam Journal: .555 (Cam has plastic gear)

Bore: 70mm (2.756)

Stroke: 55mm

Wrist Pin: .702

Rod length: 3.297