Son of Fur Ball--Super Quick Build

I like the Rat Kat so much, I just had to find another CAT for Windber. Picked this one up today. Perfect forks and handlebars. No Nasty Welds and no extra holes on the engine plate. Has perfect stars with surface rust only and the original kickstand with a new sprocket. No fenders but half of the caliper is there and it looks like a K-H. Perfect double Indian Head Carlisles of the correct height. Stripping tomorrow and priming soon after. Going to go with Candy Apple Red (it's a 70) and Eastwood 2K Gloss.

Attachments

capguncowboy

Ha, you say quick build, until it gets started. Then you get sucked into it and end up doing more. Good luck on this one, but I'm sure you'll do great, just like your other

Ha, you say quick build, until it gets started. Then you get sucked into it and end up doing more. Good luck on this one, but I'm sure you'll do great, just like your other
Gotta be...I managed to wreck my left rotator cuff on Saturday so I'm limited as to what I can really do for a while. I can't ride the Thunderbird as it hurts too much!

DAY 1: Scene 2 Parts

Thumbnails are the parts I took off the bike. The handlebars are excellent and I'm going to try to salvage the logo under the spray paint (maybe).
The caliper is a K-H 200. It does not have the bracket, castle nut, both pucks or the lever (If someone wants it, I'll trade for something). The kickstand is in great condition.

Attachments

DAY 1: Scene 4 Polish, De-grease and Prime

Fired up the replacement angle grinder (which is going back because the motor is burning up, BTW), cleared off the rest of the gunk and paint, cleaned the frame with mineral spirits and sprayed with Duplicolor Etching Primer. Time done: 3:30 pm. Tomorrow is the base coat of silver for the candy apple red, after I get back from picking through the Treasure Trove.

I keep humming "Eastbound and Down....just watch ol' Bandit run."

Attachments

Wow Dr you move fast for a guy who blew out his shoulder :thumbsup: When I blew out my elbows I didn't do anything for a long time, I was out on workmans comp though :doah:

Wow Dr you move fast for a guy who blew out his shoulder :thumbsup: When I blew out my elbows I didn't do anything for a long time, I was out on workmans comp though :doah:
It gets better each day, though I could barely use the broom to clean up the mess today! My wife says I can do more in one hour than most can do in a day. My brother puts me to shame (but he's younger)!!

DAY 2: One big Act

Not a lot in photos today, got the frame and forks sprayed in silver metallic and they are curing. The one photo doesn't do the metallic justice. Stripped the sprocket and wire wheeled, may have to place another OldMiniBikes order (thanks for knowing this was a Super Quick Build--parts came today) for a new sprocket. Stripped the handlebars and they just blew me away. Next post is a big photo.

Attachments

An Aside: The Handlebars

There is a little wear from the brake handle and throttle, but the chrome is intact. This is after 20 minutes of Coke and aluminum foil. a little clear coat to protect and that's it.

Attachments