Son of Fur Ball--Super Quick Build

The cat looks great. Others have had the same issue with the gas cap. If you put a non hemi gas cap on it I think that would solve your problem. Or the shorter chrome caps for the 97cc engines will work I think.

Me and Karen put a hemi and 20 series TC only rupp. It's scary fast to. Can't keep the front wheel down. I have to lean forward and ease on it starting off. Lol. I can't wait to hit the trails at windber. Hoping to meet you there. You do great work.

I had the gas cap problem with my Predator on my Bonanza. If you try to remove anything from the material on the bottom of the cap there is a spring that will come out. I had an older Predator cap that wasn't spring loaded. It just had the "ears" like the Greyhounds. The two "ears" are a little wider than the holes on the new tank. I put the ears in a vice and squeezed until the parts of the ears that bend in towards the tank snapped off. It leaves just the right amount of material to fit in the new tank ear slots. And is a nice tight fit. Very easy modification that allows the cap to easily come off to put gas in. I could only get the pic in the Windber Rides thread.

Problem Solved: SOFB is Mobile

Pulled off the hemi this morning and grabbed the Greyhound gas cap. Fit on perfectly and the hemi cap is on the Greyhound. Had to fiddle with the disc caliper again, but it's now good. I'm going to have to change bolts for the engine, something just isn't right...but she runs. Despite being warned that I needed to hold on tight, the hemi smoothly accelerated and the bike is a dream to ride. Amazing how different SOFB rides: the only difference between it and Fur Ball are the shocks, everything but the engines is the same.

With luck running my way, I tackled the electrical problem with the rolling man cave. After cleaning contacts and lubricating, everything seems to work. I wouldn't be surprised if corrosion was the culprit.

Will post photos of the completed CATs tomorrow.

buckeye

I'll tell you what. That is,a fine looking build.

Did you have any issue,with play in the fork/neck tube.
Mine has just a little play and drives me crazier when I hit a bump.
Beautiful job, again.

I just updated myself on this build great looking bike. I ran into the cap problem on my cat as well and used the cap of my greyhound, i wish i would have seen this earlier i could have gave you the heads up. I was curious where you picked up those foot peg covers?

I'll tell you what. That is,a fine looking build.

Did you have any issue,with play in the fork/neck tube.
Mine has just a little play and drives me crazier when I hit a bump.
Beautiful job, again.
My only issue was getting the bolt screwed down far enough. I don't have 5/8" taps to clean the threads. Once it did get tight, the play was taken up. On Furball, the fork had the nut cut off, so I just used a nylon stop nut and snugged it up.

I just updated myself on this build great looking bike. I ran into the cap problem on my cat as well and used the cap of my greyhound, i wish i would have seen this earlier i could have gave you the heads up. I was curious where you picked up those foot peg covers?
Here's the ebay infor for the rubbers. Thought I posted it last night.
NOS Rockford Chibi Tora Motorcycle Minibike Footpegs Footpeg Rubber
( 271839882295 )