SS300 value

you are correct thats why i dont sell much i love collecting and working on them and sell the one i dont like
Sometimes the collecting is the most fun part of it. Chasing stuff down, hearing the stories, and the haggling over prices. Working on something and just wondering why this weld in the middle of this tube or why somebody done this or that.

I have had 2 '57 Chevy PUs' back in the day and I loved 'em both. Never had a chance to spit shine as they were daily drivers. I sometimes get tempted before I dive into my minis to sell them all and find a '57 to build.

Great story neo, born in a '69 Malibu is something to be proud of, was it an SS?
Nope, was a 2 door hardtop but originally had a 307 under the hood. Dad put a hopped up 327 under it and built it to race with. He had to sell it when I was 5 because mom couldn't drive it without getting an excess tire noise ticket. The last straw was when the powerglide shifted out one day while it was raining and she done 3 360s in the middle of the highway. Red with a white vinyl top and black interior. I can remember dad sitting my cousin and I out to race and the thing would drag the rear bumper if he didn't feather it off the line. Yeah today some nosy busy body woulda called child protection services but honestly I loved it all. When I built my little luv he wouldn't let me street race it tho but it was a blast at the track and was fun. I regret totaling that little thing out all the time, a s10 isn't the same.

Considering my dad picked it up for $50 at an auction and it has been sitting in his shed for two years without being used, $200 was a lot more than he expected to get out of it.