Stage 1 performance kit and pipe bending??

Hey all, recently purchased a stage 1 performance kit and had a couple questions, ive installed a few of the items in the kit already but was wondering what the rod with the thread at both ends (pictured) was for? I couldn't seem to find it in the description.
The other thing is the header pipe is obstructed by part of my frame and the rear tire as well. Is there anyway to bend 3/4" pipe? I've called a bunch of places and no one can bend that small, I'm sure many of you have run into this problem, what's the simplest fix?
Thanks everyone!

Attachments

gbabins1

I'm pretty sure the rod is the stud to goes into the carb when you take the old airbox off. There may not be enough thread sticking out to bolt the aluminum air filter adapter on. I ran into this with one of my predator engines. As far as the pipe... a machine shop should be able to bend it for you or it could always be cut and welded.
Maybe someone else will chime in with an easy way to bend it yourself.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If you need to bend that header, a 1/2 EMT conduit bender might be close enough as long as the header pipe is soft. I know cutting and welding at an angle "works" but it is terrible for flow. A nice, smooth bend is the way to go.

Also, if you want to get the most out of that header and you have a die grinder, try matching the header pipe to the flange and the flange to the port. It'll help even more with flow.

The long stud is for the filter adapter but is not needed if you simply back out the existing stud a bit , if the header only needs a slight tweak to clear ? heat it up with a torch and bend it !

The long stud is for the filter adapter but is not needed if you simply back out the existing stud a bit , if the header only needs a slight tweak to clear ? heat it up with a torch and bend it !
Success!! i was able to heat it up and bend it and we are good to go!
Thanks Chipper!