Start of first Mini Bike

Sandblasting done. Time for Primer and paint. wondering if it will look weird to not have the handle bars chromed out. I am thinking of just painting the whole thing one color. Any Advice on the wheels?? I think I got a bunch of sand in the bearings on the handle bar. Sandblasted.jpg

here is a before photo also.
before with cael.jpg

You don't want to restore without putting new bearings in anyway so don't sweat those old ones. Just buy a new batch and replace them.

As for the one color, it'll most likely look fine but I don't think I'd paint the wheels to match the frame and forks. Paint them something different so there is some contrast in the overall when you are finished.

You don't want to restore without putting new bearings in anyway so don't sweat those old ones. Just buy a new batch and replace them.

As for the one color, it'll most likely look fine but I don't think I'd paint the wheels to match the frame and forks. Paint them something different so there is some contrast in the overall when you are finished.
Thank you Ajax

Thank you Ajax

I have sand blasted old chrome that was too bad to restore and painted the wheels and handle bars the same color of metallic gray or silver. It looked good to me...:thumbsup:

You don't ride in the Suit do you?

Last edited:
Your welcome and as some of the others said, do it your way ultimately as you are the one that has to be happy. I think it's good that you ask for ideas and opinions though. Just take the information and think about what you'd like to see as a final product and I'm sure it'll be great. We'll all be looking forward to seeing you work it out.

Nice ! If $100 or so ain't outta your budget , Chrome the bars , they will look great ! , but it'll be awesome however you decide to do it !!