Stick with #35 chain or go heavier?

05zuk

Hey I'm new here, been lurking around for a while. Pretty much like the title says-I have a DB30 with a HF 6.5 on the way and I am about to order a TAV2, I need to know which one to get. The original chain seems a little small. I am about 200lbs. I have searched, but must not be using the correct terms, I have not found an answer.

tomsprops

I ran a Brigg's Animal with a Tav2 and it was Wicked fast ! I had to Mod the backside of the TAV and put a wedge in the motor plate as well as exstend the left foot peg but it was awsome !

A GOOD #35 chain should be fine, I'm 200 lbs and run #35 chain with a GX390 and a Series 40 Comet. CAn search the forums to find all kinds of chain recommendations.

Motra

I'm 220 lbs. with a DB30/6.5/TAV2 and still running the stock chain. I ride it in the dirt and beat the :censure: out of it. If you align it correctly, keep it properly adjusted, keep it clean and well lubed it'll work fine and last a long time.

if you want a real good #35 chain get some extreme racing chain its the best that their is my kart with me in it is 451 pounds and we run super modified engine and i haven't broke one yet. so im pretty sure this will work for your set up.

YouTube - super kart

if you want a real good #35 chain get some extreme racing chain its the best that their is my kart with me in it is 451 pounds and we run super modified engine and i haven't broke one yet. so im pretty sure this will work for your set up.
are you talking about this stuff?

i'm running it on mine and it's worked great so far and is worth the money. you can get it from bmikarts.com. i'm 270lbs and ride the shit out of my Cat and it hasn't thrown it once or broken a link. when i was running cheap chain (buy it by the foot stuff) i was constantly having problems.

are you talking about this stuff?

i'm running it on mine and it's worked great so far and is worth the money. you can get it from bmikarts.com. i'm 270lbs and ride the shit out of my Cat and it hasn't thrown it once or broken a link. when i was running cheap chain (buy it by the foot stuff) i was constantly having problems.
yea man that is the best of the best ! :thumbsup:

i've got the gold on black but kind of want to do the gold on gold. i don't see it breaking any time soon, so i guess i'll have to wait.

i should probably pull the chain and take it work so i can clean/lube it before this weekend. i just checked it and it's looking a bit dirty. i want to swap my 12t Max Torque on instead of the 11t Cheetah and see how i feel with it before buying a new Cheetah sprocket. i need to pull it anyways so that'd be the perfect time.

Last edited:
EK Silver Pro chain is also top notch if your not into the gold look. It has a nice silver finish. I also use Klotz chain lube, works great.

Last edited:
EK Silver Pro chain is also top notch if your not into the gold look. It has a nice silver finish. I also use Klotz chain lube, works great.
i have ran EK before but i quit running it. i was going through 2 EK chains a season and the EXTREME chain i have now has 1 and 1/2 season on it and still like new. when i clean mine i spray it with starting fluid to get all the dirt and rubber and ect. off and then i soak it down with some tri-flo chain lube. that tri-flow works wonders, hands down the best lubricant ever! it works real good on sticky locks. :thumbsup:

I run EK on a modified GX390 and haven't had any problems with it, Nor have I had any problems with Klotz chain lube. And until I have problems with it I would still recommend it.

I run EK on a modified GX390 and haven't had any problems with it, Nor have I had any problems with Klotz chain lube. And until I have problems with it I would still recommend it.
yea man i mean its a good chain and all but our track is just really hard on them.
i have EK chain on my yard kart and its been fine. i myself prefer EXTREME chain over EK. just because i haven't had to replace my extreme chain yet. (knock on wood)

:thumbsup:

I've always used 1/2 inch pitch chains. It is easier to tell the size when measuring, as apposed to 3/8 inch, and it is stronger as well as easier to get hold off, or at least, thats what I have found.