Stolen Taco Mini Bikes

Yes I got 3 Bikes back.

Tom Maloney found them in Venice at a Motorcycle meet. He saw a guy riding my 68 Taco99 around at the show and got his name, number and text photos of the bikes. Tom texted Taco Bill and Bill told him that the bike where Taco Don's and they were stolen. Tom and Bill emailed and called me to let me know they find 3 of the bikes and Tom had the guys name and number.

I called the guy and asked him if he wanted to sell any of them. He told me he would sell 2 of them. The Taco 33 and Taco55, but wanted to keep the Taco99 for his kid.

We set a time for me to come over his house and look at the bikes. I called the cops and they came down with me and I got the 3 bikes back.

Now the guy who had the bikes told us he bought them off the street from some young guys who had them in the back of their truck.

I think I believe him because when I went down there he only had 2 of the bikes and he told me he would get the 3rd one back later and he did in just a hour he called me back and told me come and pick it up. And he has given me a pretty detailed story of how it went down. Plus I have friends in Venice that know this guy and said he is a OK dude.

The interesting thing about him is he is one of the original Dogtown Boys from the 70's. His name is Ray Flores and the Doc about them has most of his film footage he shot when he was a kid of all them skating in the 70's.

I've talk to him 3 times and I get and OK sense about him but who know what really happened?

So Thanks Tom and Taco Bill I would have those 3 bikes back with out your help!

But I'm still looking for my other bikes still and will pay a reward for them no question asked.

Yes I did get the Taco55 back and it is in great shape.

Funny thing when I was talking to the guy who had the 3 bikes and he thought I wanted to buy them he said he would sell the Taco55 (and he doesn't know what a Taco55 is) because he couldn't start it and it was the most beat up.
He wanted to keep the 1968 Taco99 with the Briggs 5HP because it started easy.

If I got something back boy was I was luck to get that one back.