Super Bronc 2 VT-10 with 3.6 original miles

drheilman

I cant believe it either. I went to check it out (craigslist) with only 18 bucks in my pocket. Here is the story I got......He and his Uncle built this beautiful bike in 1978. Shortly after building it His uncle passed away. The bike has been sitting in his Aunts garage since then. He recently moved his Aunt into a home, and cleaned out her garage to find the bike under a dissolved tarp. He brought it home,changed the oil,filled it up with gas, and drove it down the street! We were able to work out a trade....... Oh it also came with ALL the literature and assembly instructions. :thumbsup:

toomanytoys

:censure::censure::censure::censure::censure:

Anyway. What would you charge for real size copies of all the manuals? I really REALLY want a set of these even if they are copies

delray

wow,......:thumbsup: i see also it has a band brake kit on the front wheel. i pickup a vt-10 last summer and it came with one too. yours is the third bike that i have ever seen with it. kind of hard to find that style band brake. that bike is a keeper for sure........:thumbsup:

Ron Kimbal has assembly sheets for sale $6 or $8 ,don't remember for sure, Ron can be reached at - Power Tec 1-800-535-9529 or 1-269-925-2450. vt-2,vt-5 vt-7 vt-8 vt-10 he has or should I say he had,not sure what he has left,I bought 1 of each this last fall from him.

toomanytoys

So awesome.

I have up on power tec. Ron is a nice guy but they can make forks and handle bars. But don't have clutch covers and things like that.

Nice find, :thumbsup:
But I think its more of a mid 80's Bronc than 1978, It has the black frame and newer style clutch cover and says Bronc II on it. Ron told me those came out in that time frame.
There was one like that with all the racks on eBay not too long ago.

delray

i think the people who told you the bike was built in 1978 where little off on there years. in 1978 all the bikes where still painted red. it wasn't until the 80's when they started to paint the bikes black and then in the 90's they had different color bikes,for example yellow..etc.....
your date code on your bike would read like this. ser# 3269D
3=1983
269= day of year
d= line it was built on

i hope this helps...............:scooter:

Regardless, super nice. Delray, did you or Rick get that VT-8 in West Allis for $150? I went on to get the guy's number and the listing was taken down.

delray

no...:shrug:unless my cousin was holding out.......:laugh: there was a super bronc up north that came with all the papers......:thumbsup:sign by ron too..:smile:

drheilman

Yes, I ran the engine #'s too and its not a 78. I think that the Old timer that I got it off of had His years a little mixed up. (He was on pain pills). I also came across this "recall notice" for the ignition switch dated 1984. Does any body know if Heald had a date code for the bikes? Again the serial# is 479