Suspension for fatties

I weigh a little bit over 200 and im taking my bike through hell and a couple of the bigger jumps im doing make my suspension in the front go all the way until it hits.. Know that this probably isnt choice for the frame or the bike, is there anything that can be done about that??

I have a MB-165 Minibaja (196cc)

vette66_00

I weigh a little bit over 200 and im taking my bike through hell and a couple of the bigger jumps im doing make my suspension in the front go all the way until it hits.. Know that this probably isnt choice for the frame or the bike, is there anything that can be done about that??

I have a MB-165 Minibaja (196cc)
I'd say your maxing out the ability of your mini.

NO aftermarket support for suspension on that bike. It will be up to you to figure out what can be done. Heavier springs in the front bigger stiffer springs in the rear.

if its only hitting once in a while i wouldnt worry too much about it. Im only 150lbs and i bottom out my super bronc alot. some suspention is better than none at all :)

rudedog

Rigid baby!!! go stiff or go home!!!! if it ain't hard you ain't a man!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lol::lol::lol:
Yes I know how that sounded, bite me.:001_tt2::001_tt2:

these classic minis were never really made for jumping with a 200 pound guy on them but most will take it.
buy a bike made for this and give your mini to a guy that will ride it as it was meant to be.

well being that this is a minibaja im not really too concerned with the allure of it being a "classic minibike" this is one of those kinds that you can take to hell and back and itll still run =) I have had no issues with it and i bought it to have fun with, not to look at. other vintage projects i would never abuse in this way :thumbsup:

Why not a heavy valve sping in each leg just stop the bottoming or even a mountian bike set of fork springs of the right size and tension. Even one of the little atb shocks rigged under the seat somehow. Maybe? Good luck

Change the fork oil if there is any in there, they sell different weight oils just for forks and a slighty heavier oil than stock may slow down/deaden the shock action a little but enough to help you.
Change the fork springs but that could be a major pain since you'd have to know the spring rate and then figure out how much more you want/need and then finding one that will fits back in the forks right.:doah:

Consider converting the rear to a swing axle, lot of work but has been done and that would help.

Or go cheap and just make a spring suspended seat, still gonna beat the bike but you'll be more comfy.

Basically you have to mod the bike to take the abuse or modify your riding style to suit the bikes capabilities.