Taco poll

Which route to take?

• Total voters
This is a very rare Taco "Super trail 100" I found last week and I'm getting ready to strip it down and resto. I won't be rechroming parts (like the bars) so it won't be an anal resto and it's going to be a "rider" anyway . The bike is going back to the original purple and gray-silver and all it needs is the foot pegs ,kick stand, and K8ball seat .

The bike is fun to ride, comfy, and made for trails so which course do you you think I should take?

Also, I want to thank "Tomsprops" for his help with the ID and the ONLY pic that confirmed this "kill". And thank Mac and the guys on the Taco forum as well. :thumbsup:

Vote up! :thumbsup:

That thing is a POS. I'd build a big jump and see how high it would fly. After that, Greg will give you about $4 for what's left.

...Or he would make you a handsome offer of about $70 right now :)

tomsprops

That sound like to much Work ! You should just sell it to me ! Besides I just picked up a nice HS50 yesterday on a trade .That motor needs a good home in a frame like that ! :thumbsup:
Oh yeah ,the trade was for a sweet MEYER'S LINX ! That make for 3 in my collection. Meyers Lynx are Taco's Big cousins . Made by Steen's too. For the Dune Buggy crowd !

That thing is a POS. I'd build a big jump and see how high it would fly. After that, Greg will give you about $4 for what's left.

...Or he would make you a handsome offer of about $70 right now :)
Why do I get the feeling that if it was yours,,, it would be GOLD :thefinger: As for Greg,,, just another "turd" he won't see in his lifetime. :thefinger:

That sound like to much Work ! You should just sell it to me ! Besides I just picked up a nice HS50 yesterday on a trade .That motor needs a good home in a frame like that ! :thumbsup:
Oh yeah ,the trade was for a sweet MEYER'S LINX ! That make for 3 in my collection. Meyers Lynx are Taco's Big cousins . Made by Steen's too. For the Dune Buggy crowd !
Those Lynx are cool, where they the ones you posted on the Taco forum or did you get even more? :doah:

I'm kind of in the same boat with the big bird I bought the other day, which I'm sure is also a POS :thumbsup: It came with a HS40 & TAV30, but for the sake of more power while still looking "right" I'm going with a HS50 & the TAV30. I tried a Power Sport on it, but it just doesn't look right.

tomsprops

It's a new one ! This one is Black and has been Chrome out,swing arm ,taco forks,sproket,brake and wheels. Even had the elusive Taco100 rear tire and sprocket ! In like new condition ! :thumbsup:

Did somebody say Dune Buggy? :)

It's a new one ! This one is Black and has been Chrome out,swing arm ,taco forks,sproket,brake and wheels. Even had the elusive Taco100 rear tire and sprocket ! In like new condition ! :thumbsup:
Can you do a pic thead of your Linx bikes? I think they are cool! :thumbsup:

BTW guys, I was hoping for more Tav2 votes, it would be a sweet set up on this frame and better for riding in the woods and hills! The suspention and brakes are great for this so why not? :doah:

None of the above,

Tec H70 with H50 decals on it. Both used the same size block. H70 are REAL torquey & can rev good too.

Oh yeah, TAV-2 works real good with this engine!

Last edited:
I went down and tried to fit a new Tav plate and an old tav plate, the Jack shaft bracket is in the way and I'd have the best luck with the old steel Tav but it would take some drilling and cussing.

I'm getting a binding noise now and then with the jackshaft and can't pin it down and have lined and spaced stuff up many times. It only happens under load when the engine is most stressed. :doah:

If the Jackshaft is 5/8", why not just use a Comet 20 or 30 series? Just put the driven unit directly on the Jackshaft. If inside the swingarm, go with a 20. If outside the swingarm, use a 30.

Last edited: