Tank and carb OK?

Oldsalt

I'm posting this in Off Topic because it seems like the best category. The two pics are of a Wisconsin engine that I will take to the scrap yard on Monday. The carb looks good. The tank is pretty nice. The engine, I believe, stopped being used when some one stripped the threads out of the spark plug hole on the aluminum head. Then it sat out side until the magneto got some water in it and froze it up. I picked up the engine for free because I wanted the magneto...but it's pretty sad inside. Does anyone want the tank or carb or shroud or whatever for free? Just pay the shipping cost. It would be easy for me to pull off such parts before throwing it in the truck.

Hey Old Salt.. A Wisconsin 7 or 8 horse showed up at the junkyard.. I didn't look it over too good because I already have a heap, and it's a heavy heap.. :laugh:

But if the Mag is any good I'll grab it for ya?? :shrug:

Oldsalt

Hey Old Salt.. A Wisconsin 7 or 8 horse showed up at the junkyard.. I didn't look it over too good because I already have a heap, and it's a heavy heap.. :laugh:

But if the Mag is any good I'll grab it for ya?? :shrug:
That is why I picked up the engine for free...to get the mag. But it is full of water and the rotor, being at the bottom of the mag case, is really rusted. About all that looks usable is the coil.

I'll take the tank if nobody has spoken up for sure. The mounting hardware too if possible. A generous offer and parcel post would be cool to save money. PM sent on the free tank!:thumbsup:

Last edited: