TAV +Engine Plate + Baja Heat/Warrior = Questions

If I use an engine plate on my Warrior (with either the stock engine or a 212 Pred Hemi) to provide clearance for the TAV clone, will it interfere with gas cap removal/installation and refueling?

Also, if I do NOT use the engine plate, will I have to cut off reinforcing ribs and part of the TAV back plate to allow installation of said TAV clone?

Trying to decide my best course of action.

Not new to wrenching, as I've been a mechanic for 24 years.
Not so new to machining or welding, either.
Not the worlds best fabricator, but I have a little experience in that department.
I also have an excellent welder/fabricator who is a close friend (he also likes building things).

capguncowboy

a TAV plate is about 1-1/4" thick Do you have at least that much clearance?

I'm not sure about the side plates. I would't recommend cutting any support tubing from your Baja though, they seem like they need every little bit they have

Absolutely not.
I was talking about cutting a couple of the reinforcing ribs on the TAV back plate, and notching out the bottom rear of the TAV back plate, like so many are doing.

You don't need an engine plate. Depending on the TAV you may need to grind off a piece on the back and maybe where one of the cover screws go. But they are pretty self explanatory as you go along.

gumpit, if I could ask on this thread, is the gas tank on your Baja a working one and what is it from ? also the windshield is kool, I would like to put one on mine, maybe you could do a thread on that bike, I have an old one and would like to make similar to yours.

The tanks are sold on Ebay. Chapparal tanks. It is a real tank that holds more than a gallon of gas. The windshield was just something I found. I think Hent has it now.... In the top pic there is a luggage rack also which I got off another minibike I had. It is very heavy duty and probably off a motorcycle.