Tecumseh white engine paint...

I had good luck using outboard boat motor paint. Evinrude/Johnson genuine parts, P/N 777171. Very close match to Tecumseh white + it was designed to use on engines. Little more gas/ oil resistant.

Too many words. $5 can of white no-name from ACE and a couple coats of urethane@ 2:1 from Transtar on an original lighted HS 40 in a Powell E model.

Attachments

Last edited:

markus

do they make the cheap spraybomb in Honda "cream white"? at the suggestion of other members over the years I had some that color mixed into single stage and spray that now. I have matched it up to fuel tank brackets that were take offs when new and put in a box and kept out of the light over the years, it really matches up very well.

I dunno how a base/clear would pan out using it, the clear depending on quality will change the tone of it.

Here it is on some engines I did this year using that paint:

my shop lighting is not very good, and I am a terrible photographer. This one is shown in a little more natural light and is a little more how it actually looks in person;

I'm in the process now of restoring a H60 for my build off bike. So what I've got from this is. Dover white by duplicator and a 2 stage urithane clear like the 2k Eastwood sells is the closest and easiest way to go to get a durable, somewhat gas and heat resistant.

Aside from color match I have seen many engines painted with spray paint and they looked good, until gas was added to the tank. Usually within a short time they are a mess. Automotive enamels with a hardener is the way to go if you want decent paint durability. I am curious if any of the spray paints hold up.