The Old Man's El Tigre - Vintage Class

OH yeah.... almost forgot!!! I think I may have the old man just about talked into bringing a couple of bikes and coming with me up to Windber in June!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Buck......I'm starting to think it's a must. I'd still do a plane trip to Cali if I could swing it, but PA I know I can figure out how to make it to. With bikes.

Thanks cheezy! I really hope it turns out as nice as the picture in my head!

With the help of some more stripper, I got every last speck of blue off of the frame today. I started going over everything with some scotchbrite.

The finish doesn't photograph outside worth anything. Some chrome, some nickel where the chrome has worn away. I actually brought the frame home with me to keep smoothing on it with the scotchbrite. None of the plating is good enough to be called "chrome", so it will all have a brushed finish under the clear coat.

We also straightend out the engine plate and the rear axle mounts in the vise where they had been beaten up. The forks and rear wheel setup should be here this week! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
In person, it looks terrific! The chrome plating contrasts in color from the nickel enough to give it a really interesting look. And of course the rust is in there at random through out too.

I'm just going to keep wearing it down with the scotchbright until all of the minor little pits and pimples are smoothed out.

buckeye

Paint stand. Milk crate is a bit primative. I have been needing something like that for home. And a gun and a blast cabinet. And it just keeps growing. I have to settle for milk crate for now.

Right now it's sawhorses, plywood, and big 4x8 blocks of wood.

I think it was Evil Ed that had one that had a rod that came out at an angle to slide through the neck tube and get everything out in the open at a decent working height. That would be pretty trick.

I forgot, I brought the frame here and there's nobody to tell me I can't put it on the kitchen counter to take pictures of it in better light. :thumbsup:

A little better idea of the finish.

Really like the manual labour, had to polish up a stainless steel braai at the rescue base the other day with scotchbrite my arms ached for two days.
Love the commitment to your vision.