The Rusty Rupp project

buckeye

Thanks! I had to kick it in high gear to get the frame and parts ready for paint. Hit the frame I primered last week with some 180 then primed again, final sanding with 500. The fenders needed the edges cleaned up with some 50 grit, 80 then 180 for priming.

Oh my!!

Little update, been collecting parts. Thanks to CarPlayLB for the front turbine wheel I needed and will72rupp1 for the fuel tank! Finally got the forks done, got lucky finding the springs for them.

j57little

Outstanding! To answer your earlier rhetorical question, why would anyone cut off the back of the frame, the answer is probably to install a sissy bar! Sissy bars were so cool...for a brief period. We know better now.

Sure wish I lived closer to you, I would have to talk you into working on my 66 Rupp Continental Frame and Forks. My frame is the same as yours but my forks are a little different. By the way your work looks great.

Here is the only photo of the Kenz & Leslie Rupp that I did the tribute for, the 67 Comet funny car is being restored now by a friend. He is hoping to finish it in time to display it at the Mile High Nationals in Denver Colorado in July. The Wimber show is tempting, haven't been to it. Looks like a lot of fun!

Now that's the coolest! To spot that mini bike in the picture would have been difficult unless you knew you were looking for it? You missed your mark on the seat though, LOL! I like yours better. Killer bike!

Thanks! There is a few things that I need to tweak on it, Really would like a HS40 with the rounded shroud to look like the photo. Like to have some more power than the original H30. Think I need to make the seat longer to match, but need the extra padding. Lol