thinking about getting a clone?

well my wards bike has no :censure: to get up and go and the motor on it dosent like to run right now for some reason... i was thinking about getting a 6.5hp clone and mod it out a little to make it run and preform better... it would also have a little bt better of a take off i imagine... so what do you think? heres the bike it will go on

View attachment 20656

Last edited:
You should really try your hand at doing a valve job youll be amazed at the power of compression :). alls you need is a valve spring compressor a grinder and 20 minutes

You should really try your hand at doing a valve job youll be amazed at the power of compression :). alls you need is a valve spring compressor a grinder and 20 minutes
yea but i dont know how lol.. and i dont wanna mess the motor up at least it runs now..

C9H13NO3

If you want that bike to be a rider then go ahead and drop a clone in, but, If you wanted to stay original I would either do a valve job or getter a bigger briggs. (it is a briggs, right?)

If you want that bike to be a rider then go ahead and drop a clone in, but, If you wanted to stay original I would either do a valve job or getter a bigger briggs. (it is a briggs, right?)
i think im gonna get a original 8hp tec motor for it thats what they came with and a tav
I am not a expert but the gearing may be too high for a bike that heavy and such big tires with out a Tav or jack shaft, I think you also said you have went through a few clutches also?
yea after it gets going its a rocket the take off is what sucks. and iv been through 3 clutchs already

The big motor will definately help , but you should really consider what I told you about using the old style Tav backplate as a jackshaft and change the gearing. Thats why your killing clutches for sure. At least that would help you out until you could afford a TAV. That is what I used on my Boonie and it worked great..

i cant fit a tav plate on the bike! i tried my dads cat 99 and it hit my gas tank!!! and i hate the gas tank and the whole motor on the bike it needs a gravity feed motor like my dads wards...

I have a Comet BMI stamped steel clutch driven jackshaft NIB with an 18tooth #41 sprocket but no secondary sprocket, We could talk about a trade for the Cat Fenders???:thumbsup: You must have posted while I was typing, you cant use it with a large briggs tank unless you put a spacer on the engine plate!

I have a Comet BMI stamped steel clutch driven jackshaft NIB with an 18tooth #41 sprocket but no secondary sprocket, We could talk about a trade for the Cat Fenders???:thumbsup: You must have posted while I was typing, you cant use it with a large briggs tank unless you put a spacer on the engine plate!
hmm what would the take off be like? i want a super quick almost wheelie take off then i want it to plain out and cruz almost like the baja warriors! thats exactly what i want the bike to be like!!

You need to try a comet one like BMI sells on ebay. I got mine for $15....

Has anyone else on here used a TAV 30 old steel backplate style on a briggs before ?????? I am sure it should fit :thumbsup:

Ah ha so it dont work with the big tank eh Nova ???

You need to try a comet one like BMI sells on ebay. I got mine for $15....

Has anyone else on here used a TAV 30 old steel backplate style on a briggs before ?????? I am sure it should fit :thumbsup:

Ah ha so it dont work with the big tank eh Nova ???
sure dosent the holes do not line up cause the rear of the plate smacks the bottom of the tank...iv tried it already trust me... i was going to make my own holes to make it fit OR just get a 8hp tec motor and TAV and call it a day OR just leave it and keep bitchin hahaha im trying to save up money for another big bike.....

sure dosent the holes do not line up cause the rear of the plate smacks the bottom of the tank...iv tried it already trust me... i was going to make my own holes to make it fit OR just get a 8hp tec motor and TAV and call it a day OR just leave it and keep bitchin hahaha im trying to save up money for another big bike.....
Mine has alternative holes that line up off the bike so a spacer will allow one to work! I'm going out there right now to confirm! They are $60 at BMI and it's never been used NIB with cover! I'll trade you even for the fenders and pay the shipping for it if you'll ship the fenders, you'll come out better on shipping than me, it is heavy but still i'd do it!

It fits and depending on the frame you may mot have to space the engine much if at all! Let's trade! PS I need one perfect star, one of mine is passable but it'd be nice if ya tossed on in!

Last edited:
Everything is for sale if you gotta enough money LOL (except my kids....maybe the wife)
hahahahaha thats great.. i dont think id have enough $$ for that bike tho the one im looking at is a fixer upper that id redo back to original mint cond and show it off and NOT ride one handed in the dark hahaha:laugh: