Throttle Cable Snapped

Well I got about 4 hours of fun out of the new Streaker before I was flying (and I mean hauling ass) down the road then, snap, I broke the end of my throttle cable. any help would be great. Im gonna try to rig it or should I just try and get a new cable? anyone else done this before...Im sure I cant be the first

buckeye

New cable. Wally World bicycle cables work.
Or order a brand new mini bike correct from OldMiniBikes Warehouse.:thumbsup:

Well the kids wanna ride today so I think Ill get the bike cable to fix it today and order a cable from OldMiniBikes in case this happens again. thanks guys..and heres a pic just so you can see.

As was mentioned I use walmart bike cables as a quick fix
I often leave the outer cable if in good shape and just thread the new inner thru it
:thumbsup:

wait a minute...i was wrong..i got it to go thru that little tube that leads to were the stop is. I was gonna head to my local small engine shop for a cable stop unless someone can shoot me in a better direction...i can get a new throttle cable too while im there but it seems like this one still has life left..or does it? and where do I find a air filter ..seems mine didint have one when i bought it

..am i ok or should i get new
Hey man, we're talking about a couple of bucks here. And no, you're not okay, unless you can get some more cable out to the engine end by changing any slack adjustments within the cable itself.

You CAN straighten the threads out, but it doesn't seem like you have enough slack left to install that cable clamp, and actually have it hold. That's the test.

But since you have to go buy a cable clamp anyway, you might as well pick up a cable from the same place for six extra doll hairs.

doll hairs.....hold on let me write that down thats a good one......yea ill get the clamp and the cable..will walmart have both or should i go to a engine shop...and thanks alot for fast responses and knowledgeable information guys..this site is the shit