TOM THUMB "Twin Sister"/Scratch Class

T-Town Mini

I might do that:shrug: I was going to do that on the other bike and I didn't think it looked right.
I had the same idea about dropping the engine down between the bottom rails but, if you're going for an authentic reproduction then yeah it might not look right.

Are you wanting to put a vintage/period correct type of engine in it? If not, maybe something like a weed eater engine would fit. (if it had enough power)

Great build, btw. :thumbsup: I wish I could do something like that from scratch. I'd love to get creative with it.

Looking good Karen , opinions are like arse holes -- everbody has one , so here is mine , opinion that is lol

I would do what ever possible to make it into a rideable bike , such engine plate mods for a larger engine , then keep your other one as the stunning show piece that it is.

Ride on Sista :scooter:

Looking good Karen , opinions are like arse holes -- everbody has one , so here is mine , opinion that is lol

I would do what ever possible to make it into a rideable bike , such engine plate mods for a larger engine , then keep your other one as the stunning show piece that it is.

Ride on Sista :scooter:
opinion that is.:laugh::laugh: Thanks Rob.:thumbsup:

I had the same idea about dropping the engine down between the bottom rails but, if you're going for an authentic reproduction then yeah it might not look right.

Are you wanting to put a vintage/period correct type of engine in it? If not, maybe something like a weed eater engine would fit. (if it had enough power)

Great build, btw. :thumbsup: I wish I could do something like that from scratch. I'd love to get creative with it.
I have a tiny engine on my other Tom Thumb. I want to go faster on this one.:laugh::laugh:

Picked up some new grinding bits today. If I don't get better at welding, I'm going to be broke:laugh::laugh: Started cleaning up some welds . I wasn't very motivated today:laugh:

Looks like another great Tom Thumb build Karen. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see this one all done considering how great the 1st one turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K - Give this a bash

Works best if you have an autodark helmet.

Strike an arc for a second as if you were tacking something in place then wait a second or two then strike another arc next to the first one and keep repeating this till you joined the two pipes together.

Granted penatration on the weld is not as good as a running weld, but the results are very pleasing and strong enough for a mini, also does not burn through so easy.

The nice thing about this technique is you don't have to do 6 axis welding buy hand:laugh: specialy where two tubes meet, rotation, stick angle, feed, speed becomes very difficult and takes years of practice.

With the on off method you rotate the frame so your always welding down, line everything up then weld a spot then reposition the frame and when your ready weld another.

Took some pics in the work shop quickly.

PS - sorry for cluttering your thread

Great tip Tank,but with flux core You should chip the flux from the tack,the same as if using a stick weld arc....A quick rasp with a rat tail file work great,followed with a scrub from a wire brush... and sorry for the hack,Karen!...

Thanks for the tips everybody. I'm going to try that next time. Didn't know there was anti splatter spray:laugh::laugh: I'll have to get me some of that:thumbsup: I also think the glasses (goggels) I have are too dark. Sometimes I make a beautiful weld, only to find I missed the seam:laugh: