Tote Goat Gear ratio

WLB

Does anyone have an idea of what the overall gear ratio (on the low side of the torque converter ratio) of a Tote goat is?

Thanks

Bill

530/531

I just picked up a tote gote model 531, which I believe is a higher geared version of the 530. Tooth count is 13-40, 11-40. Anyone tell me what the 530 is?
Also a caution against false advertising, the picture in the ad was a nova and I over paid.

Motra

40 divided by 13 = 3.077
40 divided by 11 = 3.636
3.077 times 3.636 = 11.188
The climb-away torque converter is approx. 3:1
11.188 times 3 = 33.564:1 overall reduction

Thanks Motra. I wonder how much lower the 530 is. I'll see how it does on the hills, I may want to gear it down. This bike will be perfect for the kids.
The girl I bought it from wasn't around the bike when she posted the ad and just pulled a photo off the internet. She was really sweet and I honestly don't think she knew the difference. I was 550 miles away and sent more than the asking price to make sure I didn't lose it!

I don't think you would need to gear this down. It has a 4.80 rear tire. 530's usually run a 5.70 tire. The 11 tooth sprocket on the final chain is the lower geared version of this gote. If you want to slow it for the kids, adjust the governor so the clutch doesn't open all the way.

530/531

You are right Richard. I got the 531 running today and it was much slower than expected. Of course Im used to riding a fresh ungoverned 8 horse and this is a tired 5 horse. On the gearing I have read that the difference between the 530 and the 531 is an 11 or a 13 tooth counter sprocket or 40 and 48 teeth on the wheel sprocket. At 11/40 I believe I do have the higher geared version. I still plan on using the larger rear tire it came with. I really like the proportions of this bike, it looks cool.

I agree, the 530 is a more stylish tote gote. The smaller frame and tamer 5hp make it a good kids/ladies model. The ratio calculation is made even more complex when you try to figure the 6" and 7" driven clutches.

Tim, your right. I checked some parts list. The ratio is determined by the large sprocket on the second jackshaft. They list the 530 as having a 48 tooth sprocket and the 531 as a 40 tooth. The 530 would be the lower geared gote. The 750/760 change the ratio with the small sprocket on the second jackshaft.

hi every one. im new to this forum. i have recently aquired a homelite trail king and was looking for info. on it such as tire size eng. size any info would be appreciated.
thanks