Trail Horse Chopper

I just picked this roller up. I am going to be searching for some pieces, but I am pretty happy with what I got.:thumbsup:

The chrome is in decent condition. I would like to find the correct sissybar and chain guard and I do not think the front wheel is correct.

Thanks guys!

In the beginning, I had hoped to build my wife and I a pair of Rupps. But after getting this one and having the Sensation chopper I think we will have us a pair of his & hers choppers.

I really want to get this bike back to as close to original as I can. I need to find out what colors were available. I know need a sissy bar, clutch cover and a front wheel. What else? For now I have an H50 and an H35, one will go in this the other in the Sensation. I will be buying some period correct motors in the future.

Any info on what I need to make this correct would be great.

How does the TH chopper compare to the Sensation in size? I have a Sensation and they are comfortable for large riders. My Bonanza chopper not so much....

I haven't sat down on this one yet, I need to do some work on the wood first, but with the bikes side by side it looks like it will be about the same. This is the second of these I have found recently. The first seller decided he wanted to keep the one he has.

As soon as I can I will get some side by side pics if you would like for me to.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Great start at whats going to be a sweet bike.

Now, I don't know if this is the same? They are just Google pics.

I enlarged them a bit for viewing, I was studying the frame designs and sissy bars.

Good luck with your build....:thumbsup:

Great start at whats going to be a sweet bike.

Now, I don't know if this is the same? The are just Google pics.

I enlarged them a bit for viewing, I was studying the frame designs and sissy bars.

Good luck with your build....:thumbsup:
The Orange bike is a Sensation. Is the top a Bonanza?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Ha ! Gotta like the Google

Look like the bike shocks an seat are correct.

Sissy bar is under seat mount, like the Cat Minis.

Good Score on the Trail Horse :thumbsup:

I just noticed, mine has internal front suspension. Does that mean it came with a two speed? That would make this one a 1570?????
Could be the GTO1470 they had front internal suspension also . Has the other two speed bracket been cut off or is it like most frames I have seen it was never there :shrug: .

look like it will be a fun build :scooter:

It was never there. So that would make it a 1470?

The front wheel is not a 5 spoke either. The rear wheel is. I need to find a matching front. Are they hard to come by? What should I expect to pay for one. Anyone here have an extra? :devil2:

It was never there. So that would make it a 1470?

The front wheel is not a 5 spoke either. The rear wheel is. I need to find a matching front. Are they hard to come by? What should I expect to pay for one. Anyone here have an extra? :devil2:
not 100% sure what makes what , I was going by the spec sheets for the 1971 Trail Horse specs in the OldMiniBikes Brochures and the GTO 1370 and GTO 1470 are in there and I was trying to figure out what I have and what model to build mine as .

Wheels are not hard to find, someone here will have one to sell . I had to buy wheels for my build as I am out of extras .

not 100% sure what makes what , I was going by the spec sheets for the 1971 Trail Horse specs in the OldMiniBikes Brochures and the GTO 1370 and GTO 1470 are in there and I was trying to figure out what I have and what model to build mine as .

Wheels are not hard to find, someone here will have one to sell . I had to buy wheels for my build as I am out of extras .
Cool, that is where my head is at right now. Trying to figure out what makes what.LOL

I figured the wheel shouldn't be too bad. I found a pair on Epay for $95, so I figure I should be able to get a front for around 1/2 that.(hopefully).

I was wanting to mess around with it today, but it is just to flocking cold right now!

Cool, that is where my head is at right now. Trying to figure out what makes what.LOL

I figured the wheel shouldn't be too bad. I found a pair on Epay for $95, so I figure I should be able to get a front for around 1/2 that.(hopefully).

I was wanting to mess around with it today, but it is just to flocking cold right now!

We had fifties last weekend and I rode the Rupp to and around town some and its been around zero or below since so I am working inside the back porch and that leaves out things that can't be done like welding , sanding and painting .