Tri-cat

I was givin this tri cat trike mini bike where can i get information on parts, history, ect. It has a fiberglass metallic green body with tri cat and a #3 on it. Thanks

DrewDay

Theres not alot of information out there on Tri-cats. They were made by the same company that made cat minibikes, So if you need like a front wheel you could get one from a cat bike. What is it that you are looking for? I bought one a couple of years ago that looks original minus the decals on the fonerglass body. Show us some pictures of your trike. Heres mine

I was lucky as a kid my uncle was the designer of the tri-cat and the dune cat when he worked for cat. They were so fun in the late 60'S early 70'S. I remember him racing a tri that ran on methanol. L think it had a vw motor and a small pony keg for a gas tank. I wish I had pictures.

I was lucky as a kid my uncle was the designer of the tri-cat and the dune cat when he worked for cat. They were so fun in the late 60'S early 70'S. I remember him racing a tri that ran on methanol. L think it had a vw motor and a small pony keg for a gas tank. I wish I had pictures.
We wish you had pictures too....

Maybe your uncle is in one of these pics...

Last edited:
Any relation to Bob Carlisle of Big Bear, CA? He was a draftsman and product researcher at the HPE/Muskin Colton California from 1972 to 1975. Bob worked on the original fiberglass male plugs for the Dune Cat and Tri-Cat bodies as well as drafting most of the parts for the bikes.

He told me they experimented with twin McCullochs on the Tri-Cat.

My uncle rode #36 and that's him standing behind it. I'll see if I can get any pic's and upload them, and Bob Carlisle is someone he worked with on the tri and dune cats. It was always fun going to my uncles house. I looked forward to it so I could go and ride with my cousins.

My uncle rode #36 and that's him standing behind it. I'll see if I can get any pic's and upload them, and Bob Carlisle is someone he worked with on the tri and dune cats. It was always fun going to my uncles house. I looked forward to it so I could go and ride with my cousins.
I bet you looked forward to it!!!! Very cool that you have access to some of this history. If you can gather early photos that have to do with the Cat production, (HPE Muskin) etc. I am sure Gerry (kustomkartkid) would add them to the Historical Section here.

No matter what, we would all be very interested on seeing old photos and having more information. Thanks!

I went to the Muskin factory many times to pick up parts but never got to take a tour I saw a lot of their swimming pools on display. They were in Colton right next to the freeway.
Steve

Welcome to the Forum. Stick around and share some of your knowledge and stories with us.:thumbsup: