Trike ads/advertisements

Inside the gear case what was the differential ? Didn't Dune Cycle just use 3/4 inch axels. On my race trike it was solid axle with double rowed # 40 as with the total weight of the machine and a jack shaft disc brake the chain took a lot of stress. It was a bear to move around on asphalt but running it would just power around. I used to go up on two wheels and turn in circle's just for fun.

Steve

Here is one that never made a big enough splash but I was given one to try out to see if people liked it. They were made in Los Angeles and were called the ROUST A BOUT They were heavy built and had a 7 HP Tecumseh engine it should of been a 10 HP and a heavier drive system. I took a customer on a drive and went up a hill and he was choking me to hang on, I was glad it was a short hill.

This picture is of me and my partner Danny Daniels :

Trike story telling time again
When we bought out the former shop called Keystone Lawn mower repair. They didn't have anything to do with lawn mowers any more but Bud Berry made all of his mini bikes and go karts and a little simple thee wheeler. This man worked 7 days a week in his shop and lived in his apartment above the shop.
So when we opened D&D all we had was some used bikes and all of his stock that was 100% of the equipment and all parts with about 6 to 8 tons of raw steel. Bud bought a lot of stock from the aircraft industry salvage yards.
Well the first trike event that we went to was out in the desert east of Los Angeles and there were about 3 to 4 hundred people that showed up and about 100 units. We took one of the units that had a 5 hp Briggs engine and a Horstman Torque Converter it was small and low to the ground had a short leading link front end but was rigid in the rear. With small 6 inch wheels and turf saver tires it was a rough ride but still fun. Most of the units were home built but the one I liked a lot was the Dune Gote and it had a 8 HP Briggs engine and a nice roll bar an the fiberglass body. We were so new to all this and the racing was so much fun win of loose it was fun just to bee there. Well after the race a few days later a salesman from Alsport showed up and we signed up as a dealer and they had their game together with lots of dealer activity. That was the only trike model that we till we signed up with Rupp and they had the Rupp Rat and a little trike for kids. Well Alsport signed up about 10 or 12 dealers all over the So Cal area but the LA Basin is a big place. We ended up because of the Trikes taking on the Comet Trailer line so the one stop shopping would be a selling point. They were a close by manufacture and a good source for the 8 inch tires and wheels and hubs for axles.
For me the Trikes were what made the shop so much fun .
Steve

I have a street legal trirod and looking for books and motor parts etc it has a Kohler-Engine 2- cycle -K295-1T need a flywheel and top shroud and other parts