Trike build from scratch

Ok, I am starting a new build but this time im building from scratch. I Like the old trikes and have been wanting to do a build from scratch so here we are. I just want to put out there that I have never made My own frame and have NO training once so ever on how to do it so If it is really bad take it easy on me. I am aiming for just a simple frame nothing too crazy being my first one. I onle get to work on it on weekends but will update every week as I go. Today was the start so Heres what I have so far.

buckeye

Is it too late to join the open class in the build off. If so, too bad. This would be a good addition. I will watch this never the less.
Keep us posted and good luck. I am sure there will be plenty of backseat advisors in ares that are questionable.

I wasnt planning on doing it for the build off. I have no idea how long this is going to take plus I only get 1 maybe 2 days a week to work on it but I still wanted to share the experiance.

Today I got to get some time in And here is what I got done. Welded a few cross bars in the frame bent some tube for the back rest and welded it on too. I also got my rear end mounts ready to go. Here is some pics.

My plan next is to get the rear end mounts welded to the frame and get the rear end all mocked up. I think the rear end should be on before I start on the front end so I can get a better idea of the angle and length I am going to make the front end. Atleast I think thats the best plan of attack im open to any suggestions. Im also debating to add some support bars goin from the seat area To the neck like at a angle. Im just kinda going to keep adding to the frame as I go along Untill Im happy with how it looks.

Ok i got some time in the shop today. I got the rear end all mocked up and made my way to the front end. I cut the down tube where i wanted it and welded the neck on. I also added a support for the neck. Then I bent some pipe for the front forks. My harbor freight bender is a peice of crap and always kinks my tube but i managed to get a few ok bends for the forks. I then made some fork supports out of some steel i had laying around. After all that I clamped the front end on just to see how it looks. I took more detailed pics as i went on my Iphone but can load that format on here so I went back with the old camera and took some. Here is some pics.

Looking good GJ .
I have used bronze bushings in a couple of my builds , what size is the ID of your tubing?
I had to bed them in with jb weld.
Now that I have a lathe I plan to use 1 1/4 pipe and turn it for a standard 1 3/8 bearing
Rob

Looking Nice Jason, maybe I will come down to ride it when you get it done. I have to go down to Omaha in Febuary to hit Dave and Busters, will you be done by then.

Prob not but you never know. I don't get very much time in the shop to work on it just weekends if the wife isn't hounding me to do somthing else. If you are down this way on a weekend come on by we can have a few beers and you can check it out. When u know when u will be down this way pm me and I'll give u my number.

Prob not but you never know. I don't get very much time in the shop to work on it just weekends if the wife isn't hounding me to do somthing else. If you are down this way on a weekend come on by we can have a few beers and you can check it out. When u know when u will be down this way pm me and I'll give u my number.
Sounds great to me, I will let you know when I am down there.