Twister by Bearkat

Well I have been lucky enough to get this today.

1968 Twister

Bought from original owner's grandson.
His Grandfather went to Phoenix and bought it new in 1968.
Bone stock survivor. I just dusted it off.
Might be the crown jewel of my collection.

There's still paint on the clutch gaurd, that's incredible! Either they never crashed or that's a very low hours bike. Outside of this ad and your bike every twister I've seen was blue or green.

Yormets that is an interesting bike. I believe somebody started with a tote gote model 530 and did a lot of modification. The 12" rear wheel and single jackshaft is really cool.

That's the best twister I've seen, Tim. Yormets, that is a 530 tote gote but has a lot of modifications. The tank has been added and the front forks aren't from a tote gote but look like they would work nicely.

I pulled engine from the chassis to get carb dialed in. Thought I would share a pic of frame.
It's definitely the cleanest mini bike I have ever seen

Even the fairly original ones that I have seen need sprockets, rubber engine mount bushings and brass fork bushings replaced. Most of these were ridden hard.

You can adjust the high speed needle with the bike on the wheel stand, but your hand is right next to the jackshaft and it's pretty sketchy.
You said the original owner went all the way to the factory (Tod Sales) in Phoenix? I would think there was a closer dealer. That color makes me wonder if it was special ordered.

Got engine running on the workbench
Put it in the frame and struggled with linkage and throttle cable. I finally got it set.
Put some fuel in it and cruised around the neighborhood.
Realized the return spring was causing brake to rub smelled like a bbq. Once I re-routed the spring no brake drag.
According to the gps speedometer app, it hit 30 MPH.
I am not a small man so to move me that fast was impressive.