Velox Predator Drag Build

velox

Hey guys! Long time it seems! Well 2013 has been a rough year. My long time neighbor I grew up around died, my cousin died of an aneurism, my aunt died of cancer, and my mother died of cancer as well. She fought it for five years, what a strong woman.

But I am back on and wanting to finish up this bike! You guys were so awesome during the build, wanted y'all to be a part of the completion.
better welding
View attachment 56043
View attachment 56044
mock up
View attachment 56045
View attachment 56046

Front wheel on its way along with the remainder of the metal to finish the frame and forks! Neck tube, triple trees, and axle hangers also came in. Will post photos unboxing all the goodies!

hey man, welcome back.
Im very sorry for your losses. Prayers to you.
This site can be like therepy for some. I know it helps me.
Glad your back and I'll be following the build.
:thumbsup:

velox

That's why I came back. I was going to just finish the bike, but I remembered how good everybody was here. Sharing information and advice, couldn't think of a group I would rather share it with. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear about your losses. That looks like an awesome build, and I look forward to watching your progress. I guess I need to look up your old thread, so I can get up to speed. Looks like your going to be using an old Salsbury driver on it. Looks like fun!:thumbsup:

Matt

buckeye

Wow, welcome back.
You have had a plate full. That's a lot of loss in a short time.
Glad to see you are back at this therapy, I like to call, mini bikin.

Sorry to hear about your losses. It's projects like these that are keeping me going through troubled times. I think this is a cool project and eager to see how it unfolds. thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

velox

Hey buck hey fire! Yeah it's been crazy and it has been a saving grace having this thing to work on! Been trying to get my skills better. Been doing a lot of mock up with the engine. Because of the length of the bike and the size of the clutches it's been different to say the least.

My fork tubes center to center is 5", and they are 1"OD. I had a gy6 wheel, way to wide. Then got a 12" wheel, but didn't know that it was for a bicycle. Grrr. So trying to find a wheel with no brake at least 12" minimum.

My fork tubes center to center is 5", and they are 1"OD. I had a gy6 wheel, way to wide. Then got a 12" wheel, but didn't know that it was for a bicycle. Grrr. So trying to find a wheel with no brake at least 12" minimum.
I will have to measure the width first, but I have the Rupp 10" Rim and 3" wide tire left over from my OMB13 project build. I have the hubs and bolts laying around somewhere too. I will measure it when I get off work if you want it. I think the overall dia is 16". 4" ID frame is really tight but if you mount on the centerline, this may work.

the one in the picture isn't the one I would ship, it's the other one not used and has a little surface corrosion but is stainless steel.

Last edited:
Wow that would be awesome!!! If you don't mind taking the time that would be great!!!!
It is just shy of 16" in diameter with the original worn Rupp trials tire and I mounted one on my front forks at 5" on center. I guess I only have the rear setup left which has the brake drum, spacers and axle with bolts. If you wanted to put it on the front, you would need to either use this as is with a drum, find the proper front hubs, or make your own axle tube. If you want it, it's yours as shown, PM me for details.