Vendors, Motor Mount Bushings, Jackshaft Kits, Chains & Chain Breakers???

What are your experiences with the Azusa Rubber Grommet Kits (Part #1883) for mounting an engine on a Minibike?
http://www.gokartgalaxy.com/frames,_fenders,_plates,_&_accessories.htm

What is available in Jackshaft Kits? Are there any choices besides Azusa? Is there a kit that has a higher quality set of bearings than the others, or has nicer frame weldments? Who has the best pricing?

What Chain Breaker do you guys recommend & who should I order it from? I also need to buy some quality #35 Chain. What manufacturer of chain should I be looking for & what company should I order this item from?

It would be nice to do business at one location & preferably with someone who has been in the business for a while & deserves the support.

Thank you
~JM~

The mounts might cause the engine to shift around.

I like these style Chain brakers, they work GREAT and can be had cheapest at BMI.

GGG has the best deals on JS kits but they are a little crude. The best deal for sealed bearings isthe GGG 10 pack. See sale section for both.

george3

GGG 10 pack is a good deal. I think they are China man product. gitting harder all the time to get american made products. jap bearings available but to find a good price good luck. I would like to find quality bearings with snapring for a good price my self I would take a ten pack of them.

I like these style Chain brakers, they work GREAT and can be had cheapest at BMI.

definitely get that style, they work great. just get the one for your chain size. you can easily take out and install links with them and they're worth every penny IMO.

Zach

:grind: I just used a angle grinder I got at harbor freight for like 10 dollars. I grind off one of the flared ends and push the pin thru. You gotta be careful to grind it flush and not to hurt the rest of the links.

Last edited:
...I like these style Chain brakers, they work GREAT and can be had cheapest at BMI.

GGG has the best deals on JS kits but they are a little crude. The best deal for sealed bearings is the GGG 10 pack. See sale section for both.
Thanks for the reply. Could you guys explain to me why you prefer this style of chain breaker over the style that is shown at the bottom of this link?
http://www.gokartgalaxy.com/chain_guards.htm

I still need to find out what "GGG" stands for.

Anyone else out there have anything they'd like to add or respond to my other questions?

Thanks
~JM~

Last edited:
i used the Azusa mount kit to put a Briggs 8 horse on my Lil indian and it worked okay. It really helped with the vibration factor, and the motor did NOT slide around. I took the idea a little further and for my other minis, I took the rubber bushings from the sway bar end links off of my 442 and cut them in half, they are about the same thickness and a lot cheaper than the kit. I haven't tried polyurethane yet, but I'd bet it would work too, not to mention the availability of funky colors.:thumbsup: