Vintage Minibike Guide magazine

Mac

Hey Mac : I thought you were a all around mini bike guy ? What about the mini bikes that never came with small wheels like the Powell ? The early Rupp's had 6 inch wheels but changed as time past. And even the Bonanza went with 8 inch wheels on a lot of their premium bikes.
I only consider bikes with 6" and smaller rims as minibikes, the rest are trail bikes or minicycles. Powell's are one of my favorite bikes, but I'm not sure what designation to give them. I've never been a fan of the Rupp line, they just don't appeal to me, not even the small rimmed models. The Bonanza is a nice minibike if it uses a Briggs or Tecumseh & 6" rims, the shifter engine should of been left to the cycles. I like an easy ride. Shifting has no place in my world.

Now back on subject..........
I have a May 1969 and a July 1971 MBG I'm selling, the September 1966 issue of Rod & Custom with Dan Blocker(Hoss Cartwright) on a Bonanza as a cover shot, and a 1972 HPE Muskin(CAT) Catalog. These should finance all my future minibike projects if I get Teeks kind of monies. :updown:

packmule

I was wondering if anyone has scan the old Minibike Guide magazines onto CD yet. I think there could be a market for that. These magazines bring good money on ebay, Thats keeps allot of guys from getting them. CD would be a good way to preserve them for the future and let more people to enjoy them.
hello, im hoyt, im from madrid IA and i have an old packmule that i bought as a kid. just wanted some info on it. was thinking about selling it ive never been in a forum before dont really know what im doin

Last edited:
I only consider bikes with 6" and smaller rims as minibikes, the rest are trail bikes or minicycles. Powell's are one of my favorite bikes, but I'm not sure what designation to give them. I've never been a fan of the Rupp line, they just don't appeal to me, not even the small rimmed models. The Bonanza is a nice minibike if it uses a Briggs or Tecumseh & 6" rims, the shifter engine should of been left to the cycles. I like an easy ride. Shifting has no place in my world.

Now back on subject..........
I have a May 1969 and a July 1971 MBG I'm selling, the September 1966 issue of Rod & Custom with Dan Blocker(Hoss Cartwright) on a Bonanza as a cover shot, and a 1972 HPE Muskin(CAT) Catalog. These should finance all my future minibike projects if I get Teeks kind of monies. :updown:
Hey. I sold you one for big time $ too. If you list that Muskin catalog, let it run the whole time. I may need it. I have one but I think yours is different.

Yes I'll put a list together this afternoon there aren't many missing mostly Mini Cycle and THANKS for posting this question.:thumbsup:
Here is a list of the issues I'm presently missing.

Mini Bike Guide Magazine

November 1970 ( Front Cover Only )

Mini Cycle Magazine

February 1972
August thru December 1973
February 1974
May 1974
July thru September 1974
December 1974 (Not sure this issues was ever printed.

Also a not to any of the board members I have copys of some of the issues of Mini Bike Guide as well as Mini Cycle if you have an issue I'm missing contact me maybe we can arrange a trade or work out a deal.

Mac do you know if Mini Bike Guide published a monthly issue back in 1969?
Or was it kind of a random year. What I have is as follows:
February 1969
May 1969
July August 1969
September 1969
November 1969
December 1969

Also I'd be interested in talking to you about your HPE item.

Mac

Mac do you know if Mini Bike Guide published a monthly issue back in 1969?
Or was it kind of a random year. What I have is as follows:
February 1969
May 1969
July August 1969
September 1969
November 1969
December 1969
The above is all they had in 1969.
After you open the mags you can see they marked them as
Volume 1, Number 1 through 6.