Wanted: Old metal gas tank filler necks

125ccCrazy

I'm looking for some filler necks from briggs, tecumseh, ect metal tanks...I dont care how bad the tank is as long as the neck is good and solid and not all kinked up..

If you have some and have a way of cutting the necks out leaving at least 1/2" around the neck LMK what you need in exchange.. The cuts dont have to be pretty, I can straighten that up...

Mac

If I wasn't so lazy.........
I must have at least 50 tanks,
or a hundred and fifty, or something.

Are you making custom steel or fiberglass tanks? I'm just curious because I've considered doing something similar and thought of using old necks and caps.:shrug:

There is a place that sells nice bungs with caps for like $14.99. Speedway Motors is the name, you can use the search feature on the home page and find the thread with the post and link. They're nice but not flanged, but that can be remedied. The cap is cool as well. Chrome!:thumbsup:

danc9

Gas Bung

SN, wonderful find, I've also been looking high and low for these. Cross hobby reference is worth it's weight in gold. Now I can start looking for the best prices on these units. Mounting these will be easier than trying to modify an old cut up tank. Slide it in a drilled hole and weld! I'm looking into old fire bottles with the round ends. They throw them out when they are outdated, just have to get a line on some.

http://www.coyote-gear.com/fillerscaps.html (FREE SHIPPING)

DAN

Last edited:
SN, wonderful find, I've also been looking high and low for these. Cross hobby reference is worth it's weight in gold. Now I can start looking for the best prices on these units. Mounting these will be easier than trying to modify an old cut up tank. Slide it in a drilled hole and weld! I'm looking into old fire bottles with the round ends. They throw them out when they are outdated, just have to get a line on some.

Coyote-Gear Fillers and Caps (FREE SHIPPING)

DAN
The web still amazes me, I grew up without it unlike some of our young members. It certainly opened the world up for many, good or bad!:thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

Nothing Yet

Still looking, had a few members pm me saying they had several to sell but wouldn't reply back after I told them I was interested and ready to deal...

If you have any to deal on LMK but only if you are serious please...

125ccCrazy