What do you guys drive in real life?

Iv been driving my 914 more than my 911 lately. Still working out all the little details after restoring it. Finding more to fix after every drive is part of the fun. But its great fun and turns lots of heads

I also have this. I've owned it since new and don't need it and want to throw a supercharger on the F150. I've got a friend's friend that recently blew up his truck and needs something. Hoping he wants it. I also have no problem with keeping it. It's paid off and insurance is cheap.

When I want to be stupid.

When I want to be stupid in a different way (pic was taken this evening). Should be "street legal" within the next couple days. My truck gets 10-11mpg around town so I'm going to try and start driving the Fireturd. It runs really, really well after a bunch of work. It can do a mean one wheel peel and cruises at 70-75mph. It's a bit loud with only a windshield and no interior. It's also hot in it with holes in the firewall and the exhaust heating up the floor.

You can see the exhaust manifold there. It puts off heat.

Last edited:
I sold my PreRunner last week, but not before replacing it with something more economical...

The engine smokes (A LOT) and I think I hurt the transmission, so this driveline donor followed me home yesterday:

That car going to be a blast. I had a 76 that I put a 79/81 turbo motor in,had it for 6 years and a few turbos with a mix of junk yard parts.

Last week I had to send my daily driver in for some bodywork and I needed something to drive to work. The Buick fired right up, and I've been driving it every day since. I snapped these pics yesterday when I got home, it was raining and my lens was cloudy but it was the best I could do at the moment.

Nothing special, basic stripper/grandma car- '72 Skylark-radio delete, carpet delete, body colored wheels with poverty caps, 350 2BBl. The only option it had, of all things...air conditioning:eek:ut:. And it still works:thumbsup:.

One of my favorite cars, it rides like a dream. I've had it for fourteen years and it's always reliable. I was going to stuff a big block and really tall gears in it but the car is great just the way it is. After I get my Vista Cruiser done I'm going to restore the Buick, and paint it the same ugly (I love it) color.

Very nice Skylark Mark. I had a 72 Skylark as well years ago. Then I had a 69 GS 350 and sold that and then a 69 Sportwagon 400 that was rusted out and now I have another rust free 69 Sportwagon 400 that I am trying to sell. That wouldn't happen to be you responding to my Craigslist ad??

Nice!..never heard of "carpet delete"..:confused:
Yep, it had a thick molded rubber full floor mat...Just like what would come in most pick up trucks. I took it out years ago (still have it) and replaced it with a carpet that came out of a '68 Cutlass that I parted out

Very nice Skylark Mark. I had a 72 Skylark as well years ago. Then I had a 69 GS 350 and sold that and then a 69 Sportwagon 400 that was rusted out and now I have another rust free 69 Sportwagon 400 that I am trying to sell. That wouldn't happen to be you responding to my Craigslist ad??
Thanks Tom. Wow, that thing is nice:thumbsup:

It's not me, but I'm interested....Want to trade for some stuff?

...Nothing special, basic stripper/grandma car- '72 Skylark...After I get my Vista Cruiser done I'm going to restore the Buick, and paint it the same ugly (I love it) color....
That's a nice looking car. I appreciate your reluctance to mod it. This is one to keep stock and preserve. Got a photo of the Vista Cruiser to show us, please?

Nothing special, basic stripper/grandma car- '72 Skylark-radio delete, carpet delete, body colored wheels with poverty caps, 350 2BBl. The only option it had, of all things...air conditioning:eek:ut:. And it still works:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: Cool car. I'm not sure when it was that dealers no longer offered options outside of what was on the floor. When you could order a car built to spec. Must have been about the year of this Buick. Clean. Got a build sheet with it?

The vista cruiser was the epitome of the family cruiser. :thumbsup: A lot of the old station wagons are making a come back with car enthusiasts.

MOPAR also offered cars with radio and carpet delete. Plenty of Roadrunners were built and sold with only a cheap rubber floor mat, no radio, nothing for creature comforts. Drag racers right out of the box.

Got a '09 Police Pursuit Charger in triple black, Hemi unrestrained by civilian drive train ratios. Talk about 'carpet delete', there ain't no carpet in this bad boy, just rubber floors. I got it only 49k miles on it, never did police service, was an unmarked staff car. Freakin thing fuh-lies! And nobody wants me behind them.....

This is my daily. It does a great job of hauling the family and for the little money I have in it it has served me well.

The Dakota. She is the weekend toy. This was my daily for almost a decade and carried me threw several big stages in life. Fairly mild 5.9 with the original five speed. This one will be with me to the grave. Maybe in the grave. :laugh:

45t

A few months back I traded off my 2012 Corolla S for a 2014 Camry SE. The car is much bigger for me with leg room and the back seat area is big enough for my kids growing up. It was tight fitting in the Corolla.

65ShelbyClone

That car going to be a blast. I had a 76 that I put a 79/81 turbo motor in,had it for 6 years and a few turbos with a mix of junk yard parts.
I have been finding out after the fact that it will be nothing short of a LOT of work to put a 2.3T in a '71-73 Pinto like mine. :doah:Motor mounts have to be moved, no room for a fan, no room for the battery, hood won't close over the stock intake, driveshaft has to be shortened, rear end is a ticking time bomb, etc.

Oh well, it's only time and money.

I thought about fixing the TurboCoupe and driving that temporarily, but a lot of things don't work and, surprisingly to me, the ergonomics and rear visibility aren't that great. I have no idea where the rear bumper is when sitting in the car.

Last edited:
That's a nice looking car. I appreciate your reluctance to mod it. This is one to keep stock and preserve. Got a photo of the Vista Cruiser to show us, please?

Thanks Tom. Unfortunately the Cruiser is packed in the back of the garage and is not very photogenic at the moment. Remember That 70s Show? same exact car, color and everything but a '68. (that one was a '69).

:thumbsup: Cool car. I'm not sure when it was that dealers no longer offered options outside of what was on the floor. When you could order a car built to spec. Must have been about the year of this Buick. Clean. Got a build sheet with it?

The vista cruiser was the epitome of the family cruiser. :thumbsup: A lot of the old station wagons are making a come back with car enthusiasts.
Thanks Dave. I replaced the seats years ago and I didn't find a build sheet, but GM sometimes put them on top of the gas tank- I've never had it out.

Stop telling people wagons are cool, I like to go against the grain:laugh:. It's funny how car trends change. when I bought this Buick years ago everyone hated it, now people constantly want to buy it.

Stop telling people wagons are cool, I like to go against the grain:laugh:. It's funny how car trends change. when I bought this Buick years ago everyone hated it, now people constantly want to buy it.
:thumbsup: There is a gap out there in the vintage car hobby for lower-priced, cool, nostalgic pieces as the boomers age.

Who among the over 50 crowd doesn't have memories of Mom's station wagon, and putting it in reverse and doing burnouts? :thumbsup: