what do you guys think of this bike?

is it worth it? or way to expensive?? what about thier other balloon tire bikes?? seem expensive but i new at this so what do i know? i searched for bad dog reviews on here but couldnt find anything, are they a new company?? i cant decide between one of these or a db with a 6.5 and torq a verter kit... any thougths??

Oldsalt

That's a big machine with a big engine and pretty good parts. Is it worth two China Doodlebugs with 2.8 HP? Damn right! And ya get to paint it yourself to make it yours.

I hate the bike but big dog makes a ballon tire big minibike that looks pretty awsome! but why are they asking crackhead prices??? they try to sell their stuff on ebay too for alot of money.

george3

he is high dollar. on everything. ask a question and get a big runaround of answers. I like people direct with me. wont find it there. 1" frame tubes is much better.

Oldsalt

Yes, $1000 is a lot of loot. But the math don't look all that bad. Buy a junky frame and forks for $100, a TAV for $200, get some junky rims and put on a disk brake and tires and tubes and bearings and etc for $150 then a min. of $300 for an 8 HP engine. Still need a seat and chain and throttle and cables and lever and bolts and fenders but leave them out of the math. Also we'll leave out the bent forks, worn out head bushings, the two sets of holes in the engine plate and the scrap iron some idiot welded on 10 years ago. Without them you got $750 in a fun mini that will haul after you do some work. I believe I'd step up with the other $250 and have a first class old style mini. I suppose I shouldnt talk. I'm pretty cheap. Never paid more than $50 for a mini until a couple of weeks ago when I spent $100 for A Caper Cycle.

Oldsalt

maybe only paid 50.00 but a bit of money and time in them, I am sure of that.
There are a lot of hidden costs. Today I bought a bottle of gas for the wire feed and a 10 lb. roll of wire. $108. [Reason number 52 why an arc welder has some big advantages]. My power bill is dramatically increased when the shop is cooled or heated. Also beer for friends that visit the shop. Lot of hidden costs!

Last edited:
They must have a lot to "hide" then! :doah:

I'd rather my a nice clean Bronc for half that! Those guys are smoking crack on everything they sell.

Personally, if I were to get anything from those folks I would get the gigantic balloon kit. I would ask him to leave out the seat since he really over charges for that seat. I would buy my seat from kbsball. Nicer seat for not much more money. Buy a clone engine for $99 and a TAV. Then I would go nutz. You could get all that which is bigger and better for less than that other kit you were looking at.

Tomas

Bad Dawg! Bad Dawg!

Well let's see three of my friends have Bad Dawg mini bikes.What I didn't like about them was solppy welds, the engine plate is actually two spliced together without grounding down the weld on the top side and it was not notched to fit between the rails on the right side so they filled a 1/4" to 3/8" gap with weld.Where the two hoops that make up the frame are welded together they should be reinforced by the motor mount plate or seat tabs they are about 1 1/2'' behind mount plate. Lastly maybe try to fab a bracket to anchor the brake caliper a 6" X 1/4" keyway looks hokie.:thumbdown: