What does everyone do with their 2.8's?

i dont have a DB myself.. but i see a LOT of conversions to clone motors...so what do you guys do with your little 2.8s you take off of the Db30s? their perfectly good engines, just underpowered... they have to be good for something

bandit 40

i sold mine to a member on this site. i believe he wanted it as a spare for his daughter's bike or something.
They are really a great engine, for a child to start on it is really to much even for a child but that is what the Governor is for.So saying that ,there has not from what I have read been to many people that have not done the 6.5 conversion . Thanks Again Strigoi :thumbsup:

I put mine to good use - it's holding a shelf down and collecting dust, all at the same time.
You willing to unload the gas cap for a reasonble price? My boy failed to tighten his down all the way on his brand new DB30 and it disapeared on a ride. :doah: We have searched everywhere and can't find one. Baja Motorsports wants $13.12 for a new one.

Ours are under a table keeping the hurricane generator, propane bottles and fuel cans company. Gotta figure something out though, getting pretty crowded. 3 - 2.8s, 2 - 30# propane tanks, 5 - fuel cans.

vette66_00

Had a 2 or 2 1/2hp B&S on a edger and it has not run right for a while. Took one of my DB motors and stuck it on there WORKS GREAT. The other one sold on CL for $75.

den35

Mine still don't run right,even after all my efforts.I was thinking of boreing the cylinder head open and making an interesting planter.:eek:ut:

I sold a few of them cheap. Have one left that I am thinking on building a motorized cooler out of aluminum tubing to keep it lite weight , and have the cooler removable.