What is it worth?

I have a Fox Doodlebug (FX?). I'm guessing it's from the early 70's. What would it be worth if I properly restored it? It would be all original except for the brake caliper and bracket that I'll likely have to fabricate (unless I can find an original caliper). I already know it will cost me more to restore it than it is worth, I just want to know what I stand to lose if I ever want or need to sell it.

Thanks, Tim.

Oldsalt

I've learned not to consider what something will be worth after I work on it and dump loot into it. For me, it's just no fun that way. However, it is true that any old mini will be worth more in the future. The bottom line is what a person is willing to spend on their hobby.

I've learned not to consider what something will be worth after I work on it and dump loot into it.
that's how i feel. i've spent way more so far on my Cat than i could sell it for. buying new parts and trying stuff out is half the fun with these things.

Thanks for the replies folks. I know I will restore this bike regardless of its value, I was just curious if this was a sought after model. I will post pictures soon, although the bike is already disassembled. I will also post pictures as the restoration progresses.

Tim

Tim : What it is worth is a minor note to the Joy of riding your own machine.
But the bottom line is it won't be worth a much as a " STELLAR CHOPPER " LOL
Good luck and pictures never hurt.
Merry Christmas Steve :scooter:

Seems I barely break even

I have built or rebuilt over 487 bikes in my 51 years and it seems I have more fun building them then riding them. When I do sell them my profit on the total of the parts alone is barely 5%...Now labor???seeesh...It seems I lose my ass darn near every time:confused: