What size bolt through Lil Indian front end?

Currently in the process of building my Lil Indian small frame and I don't know what size bolt is supposed to go through the front end tube for the forks. I have a 5/8" bolt in there now but it is loose and wobbles. Bushing do not fit to solve this problem.

Lets see a good pic of the neck area of the bike. Obviously the I.D. is 5/8''...but the O.D. of the bushing is like 3/4'' if I remember correctly.
I will try to get a good picture but I have to wait for the paint to dry first. It is also under 3/4" since the bushings I have do not fit.

The fork bolts are 5/8-18 x 7" long. The 18 is fine thread meaning simply 18 threads per inch. The bushings are a problem as they never seem to fit snug enough. I had to have new bushings custom made at a local shop. I bought new fork bolts and brought them and the frames to the shop so the machinist could accurately measure and insure a good fit. I also had them made twice as long as the originals in order to hopefully improve stability and longevity. Luckily the shop had the bronze in stock so cost wound-up at about $40.00

Sunny

I just bought some bronze bushings at Lowes. They are a hair to thick on the outside diam. Going to try to find somebody to turn them down a bit for me on a lathe.:thumbsup:

I just bought some bronze bushings at Lowes. They are a hair to thick on the outside diam. Going to try to find somebody to turn them down a bit for me on a lathe.:thumbsup:
I went Ghetto on the bushings I ordered from OldMiniBikes and turned them down using a screw gun and a grinding stone.

Of course, I made a jig to mount the bushing to so I could get it perfectly round. Came together nice. I'll use these until I can get some proper bushings.

If you're bushings are loose, I was thinking another way to tighten would be to cut and fit a piece of shim stock in the fork tube. Something like aluminum flashing might even work.

Bikerscum

Maybe Dean will chime in here but, I think those bushings need to be stepped, like a flanged wheel bearing. They shouldn't just be cylindrical & push down into the fork neck. You don't want the fork & neck rubbing steel on steel.

:grind:

Maybe Dean will chime in here but, I think those bushings need to be stepped, like a flanged wheel bearing. They shouldn't just be cylindrical & push down into the fork neck. You don't want the fork & neck rubbing steel on steel.

:grind:
I left the flange on the bushings I have so they are still stepped. I just turned down the part that fits into the neck. :thumbsup: