what to salvage from pocket bike

buckeye

Bought a pocket bike for 20 bucks and was wondering what I should salvage. Looks like I could use tires and rims, disc brake setup,clutch and brake handles,and prob the carb for something. Any sugestions or is it just junk? It is one of those little ones with a transmission electric start ect. The motor is blown.

buckeye

Front says 90/65-8. Yep real small frame. Rear 130-50-8. Wish I could post pic as I know that would help. Getting new droid phone next week so I will be more interactive. Thank God. It came from pep boys. Head lights in faring,turn signals. Yellow in color. Don't know if that helps or hinders. Thanks for your help. Hydrolic front and rear disc brakes 6 inch. Can't find any make or brand markings

Keep it all.. It's not hurting anything sitting around.. :shrug: God Knows when 12 years from now some kid is gonna show up needing a bolt off from it or something.. :shrug:

buckeye

Tires, wheels, and disc brakes setup for sure. Should be able to use the footpegs also. Is a electric starter any good for anything or just for the motor from this one? Gonna strip it down and get the hardware. I guess the carb can be used for something too. Oh well for 20 bucks I can't bitch.

125ccCrazy

Front says 90/65-8. Yep real small frame. Rear 130-50-8. Wish I could post pic as I know that would help. Getting new droid phone next week so I will be more interactive. Thank God. It came from pep boys. Head lights in faring,turn signals. Yellow in color. Don't know if that helps or hinders. Thanks for your help. Hydrolic front and rear disc brakes 6 inch. Can't find any make or brand markings
does it look like this?? if so it's an x7

it's the only pb I can think of with 8" wheels front and rear

buckeye

Now ya got me thinking,cause I love that bike you built. Do you have a project log on that one. I kinda remember you did, but a few specifics. How did ya attach the swing arm?

Why Not keep everything:shrug:.
most of it is basically junk. not everyone lives in a place where they can have crap everywhere or wants to have it all over.

i can only imagine that some of your yards (not pointed at you tin soldier) look like some of the stuff you see on that hoarders show. :laugh:

Now ya got me thinking,cause I love that bike you built. Do you have a project log on that one. I kinda remember you did, but a few specifics. How did ya attach the swing arm?
I put the swingarm spaced from the jackshaft the same as it was on the pocket bike.I cut the frame tubes then welded 1/4" plate on the insides of the frame then bent two pieces of 1/4 plate and welded them in as gussets from one frame tube to the other on each side.then I measured a bunch of times to drill the holes for the pocket bike swingarm through bolt.Then made spacers and bolted it on.Welded on an upper attaching point for the mono shock and whala.
It did take a $h!tload of measuring and time to make it work though.