What was your first mini bike?

This was not the first bike but it was one of the early ones that was purchased new. It is all original and after 38 years we still have fun riding it around town during the summer.

Mean Dean

My First Mini Bike was spring of 1965. Troy Ruttman just bought a building that was The old Cutler Lock and Safe co. It was a small thin long building. There were Three home made stands about five feet tall with three mini bikes hanging on each. I picked out a Orange Ruttman washer frame with a 3 1/2 Tecumseh. 4" inch mag wheels. Small Diamond Tuft seat. It was super fast for some reason. I just sold it last year to a collector for some serious cash. I am now sorry I did. I am building a duplicate now. Still playing with them all these years. I don't want to grow up I am a Toy's R Us kid.

Motra

My first was a purple Taco that was a hand-me-down from my older brother when he started riding a real motorcycle, that was in the mid 70's. My first minibike as an adult was a JC Penny El Tigre, that restoked the fire of interest in them.

I had Many Mini bikes growing up. but the one i remember most was a green Rupp Scrambler or Hustler. The only picture I have of one of my bikes is this one of me and my buddy riding my 3 wheeler. I'm the one in the back..

It was 1969 or 70 and I was almost ten years old, and the neighbors son and kids came in from New Jersey for summer break and they bought a old mini bike in with them. I don't remember what it was but it did have a Briggs flathead and a scrub brake and a home made seat. When they went home at the end of summer....they give me the old mini, and I was In Love..:scooter:. I wish I knew what it was and If its still around somewhere.

We had lil Indians when we were young (Don't remember what models they were) and I remember we had a Herters for a while and that thing would scare the heck out me because I was so little and it was so big! I did ride it though after I got a little bigger, boy I loved that thing!

Last edited: