Whats it worth thread will be deleted??

paulhew

Why are "whats it worth"??? threads deleted or snubbed??
Cant figure that one out for the life of me.
Are we afraid somebody might sell there mini-bike for the actual value its worth ??
I think if a picture was posted, we as a group could give it an honest evaluation. Who else better knows minibikes than us!!!

As the stickey post says
"This site is not for those of you who find something in your garage, or barn,or on craigslist and try and turn a profit.

The answer is: ITS WORTH WHAT SOMEONE WILL PAY FOR IT.

If you're looking to buy a bike, and not sure if the price is too high? Buy it if you like it and have the cash. Don't get reassurance from the message board that you're doing the right thing. Everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes we luck out.

Is that what we are here for to let someone get ripped off or are we gonna help them. I think if a person has registered and persued to find the appraisal value of there bike we should help them. They will find out anyway!! look ! there is always those people out there who dont give a rats @#$ and will sell it for whatever !! just to get rid of the dam thing !!

We all look at prices and we are not stupid to the effort and costs involved with a restoration or just a fixer upper. Having said that I believe the evaluations will bring the prices down to earth !!! Ok got that off my chest ! lol now tell me the other side or if you agree ?

Last edited:

buckeye

Lots of folks come only for appraisals, then off the ebay they go. Jacks up the price so us regular true mini enthusiests have to pay out the ying yang.
Plus, ones persons value may not be what something truely may be worth.
It stopped after the last fight outside the bar in east Toledo.:laugh:

Last edited:

oldsledz

How can someone get ripped off on a collectable item? They are worth what ever someone is willing to pay unless the item has been missed represented, if the buyer willingly hands over the cash he or she paid what the bike was worth to them, so they paid a fair price even if you or I would not have paid that much.

Supply and demand. If I need something I will buy it. End of story. I once wanted specific knobs on a project I was working on. Well nobody sells the knobs,so I bought a whole radio for $350.... The knobs were probably worth $5.00.... I turned around and sold the radio with some other knobs I put on it and kept the knobs for my project. Hell I need some front fork springs for my Super Bronc. I will pay $100 for them. Are they worth it. No. To 99% of the people. But to us one perecnters yes. Do I tell someone they are taking advantage of someone and making a buck.no. It is on me to make the decision to buy or not. If someone has the money and overpays it is only an opinion that they overpaid. If you ask the buyer his opinion is obviously different. I think the whole "what is it worth question" is blown out of proportion. What if someone says" excuse me,could you give me some examples of what this model has sold for?" That approach would be acceptable would it not?

I dont walk into your house and question your rules or give my opinion on how you should run your household...so why come on here questioning the rules of a forum someone took their person time, money and sacrificed countless hours to keep it goin...and question how they run it and their rules? This is a topic that has been asked waaaay too many times and ends up with nothing but a big arguement. It wasnt always a rule..but after countless fights..It became one. NEXT QUESTION PLEASE!:hammer:

Just have to pay what it's worth to you. That is the bottom line.if you have to have reassurance from someone else then you probably should ask your parent or legal guardian.:no:

As far as that goes, I have asked members on here if they thought a certain price for a bike was fair, nothing wrong with that, but if we start doing appraisals we'll just attract guys who want to the know the value of their bike so they can ebay it, and we will never see hide nor hair of them again.

As far as that goes, I have asked members on here if they thought a certain price for a bike was fair, nothing wrong with that, but if we start doing appraisals we'll just attract guys who want to the know the value of their bike so they can ebay it, and we will never see hide nor hair of them again.
Maybe we never see them again. Maybe it's because everyone jumps down their throat for asking the question. Or maybe we see the new owner who buys it on Ebay looking for parts or information for it. Who knows. What I do know is that if I was wondering what one thing was worth and nobody would give me an idea/opinion/appraisal I would start searching myself. Then I would come across all these values of what people are asking for theirs. Not so much what they actually sell for.... Not all people are looking for a value to sell it on EBay. Some may have it and are wondering if they can afford to get it running again.if it is even worth it to try. Not all these people are used to looking up the values of things that are 40 years old... But I don't want to beat a dead horse either.... It ain't my horse to beat.

:treadingsoftly: is this basically just for whole minibike pricing? Would it be wrong to ask what an engine is worth too?

Say I wanted to buy an old engine and want to know its basic worth...say I didn't know it if it was rare or if there were a million of them, etc, etc

:tiptoeingaway:

45t

If you hang around here long enough and you just watch, pay attention, buy some and sell some, you can find out what the going rate is for most items.