What's this world coming to?!

Neck

Growing up is optional
Marijuana is now legal in California! For almost a whole month now, and I still haven't sparked one up! I must be getting old...

Neck

Growing up is optional
It's really kind of an odd situation, recreational use is legal, but there's no legal way to purchase it for use in this manner, not till some time in 2017. That is unless you've grown it, which means you were growing it illegally when it became legal. Not like that's going to stop anybody!

:wink:
Marijuana is now legal in California! For almost a whole month now, and I still haven't sparked one up! I must be getting old...
Hey WoW man what happened to your Neck Maaaan. Oh wait the pizza guys at the Door. Seriously, I think whoever doesn't smoke isn't gonna start because it's legal. I smoked since then for medicinal purposes :wink::rolleyes:

catfishman

plus, employees are still subject to take drug test, of course all the young guys i work with used fake urine to get the job. there are 2 that i would love to see fail a drug test, the other 25 or so i dont care what they do, me i would not risk it.

Tough thread to reply to due to the dubious nature of Federal vs State laws ..

In Mich if you have a medical card you can grow up to 12 plants and possess 2-1/2 OZ of "useable" marijuana.

I agree with catfishman and Taco Loco Joe ...

I personally lost interest in the mid 90's partially due to drug testing at work and partially just getting bored with it.
The wife and many friends still enjoy it.

Marijuana is a schedule 1 drug ... so check out the following ...

The Federal Governments definition of a schedule 1 drug:

"The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse. The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States."

If marijuana falls in this category they why don't cigarettes and alcohol make the list?

The short answer is Richard Nixon didn't like Hippies or Black people (people he saw as troublemakers) and had the schedule created to curb the drug use he saw as the problem.
Source: Netflix Documentary.

Being as that Kalifornia's largest cash crop is weed, nothing is surprising.
It used to be that you had to sign up to buy weed. Now weed is legal, and you have to sign up to buy ammo.

Really, what is the world coming to?

buckeye

Needs to be legal everywhere.
Smokin anyway and obtaining it illegally.
Boy, that makes sense.

Good to see ya post Neck.

Neck

Growing up is optional
I stopped smoking pot in the mid 90's when my daughter was very young. Had to be a responsible parent you know?! She's 26 now, and a collage graduate, she knows it's no big deal, but chooses not to smoke. However, she does drink. That's fine with me, as long as she can keep it under control. I have told her, of the two, I'd rather she use pot, because with alcohol, you lose control, Something I never did smoking. The thing with on the job drug testing, is in the past, the tests only concluded you use, not the concentration in your system. Allegedly, this has changed. With legalization, this will have to change, but I still don't feel like being a guinea pig! But right now, my employer doesn't have drug testing policy, sooooo.

I'd rather drink than smoke.

I've dabbed and it just makes me stupid to the point I can barely move. It's not fun.

I'm just not into that shit anymore.