Wheels for a Trail Horse R2000?

Looking for some wheels to use with my Trail Horse build. They do not have to be the original style wheels. Looking for 6 inch rims, but I would like to know where I can get some wheels that will for sure work so I don't waste time or money. Maybe somebody could post a link to some wheels they've had luck with on Trail Horse

Saw these on Ebay: Multi Spoke 6 inch Alum Kart Minibike Front Wheel | eBay

They are listed as front wheel rims, but with the bolt pattern maybe I could use longer bolts and spacers for a sprocket?? :eek:ut:

braaaaap

125ccCrazy

these are not quite a direct bolt on...The cone s on the wheels have to be opened up or custom spacers machined to fit in them... spacers have to be made to fit between the bearings so they don't push out inside the wheel... a sprocket will bolt to the wheel as is...I bought a set of these just because they were cheap but you get what you pay for...I believe these were blems due several imperfections in the castings and since they dont fit together very well..

Last edited:

markus

these are not quite a direct bolt on...The cone s on the wheels have to be opened up or custom spacers machined to fit in them... spacers have to be made to fit between the bearings so they don't push out inside the wheel... a sprocket will bolt to the wheel as is...I bought a set of these just because they were cheap but you get what you pay for...I believe these were blems due several imperfections in the castings and since they dont fit together very well..
they don't fit together well due to them all being drive/sprocket side rear wheel halves. Aggie and the KOL bikes that used them had axles that were pinned in on the inside (you had to put the axles together with the wheel assy) then the axle ends were stepped down at the outer threads.

I thought about modding a set I had off an aggie I had like you were talking about too. I was going to use a spacer on the inner and cut the snouts down a bit, luckily the snout is tapered internally too so a thin wheel spacer could slide into them after trimming them down. should be able to cut the lug extensions down on them too to make them look like the front assy. The bolt pattern matches the Astro/tabloc/jde "mickey"/Trail horse 5 bolt patterns. Lotta work involved to make the actually fit anything (even an aggie) but they are offered for a great price if you want to tinker :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mac

Some of the rim halves have flaws on the inside where the bolts go through,
but they still look like they'll work ok.

Last edited:
I bought a pair myself. I knew they were rear wheel halves with the sprocket mounts but I figured I would just grind off the extensions and make the one into a front wheel. I got mine on Friday and one of the wheel halves I got was a front wheel half. The bolts he supplies aren't the correct size but you still can't beat the price.