Windber mini bike reunion 2018

Sorry to hear bigrob, we will burn a candle (or some old mini bike tires) at your site on the hill. I was looking forward to your stories. :frown:

Last edited:

Rupp 72

I sure can't wait to see everyone! Only one more week until I hit the road!

Question: Does anyone have a 68-69 rupp seat made by Karen or of the same quality that would potentially let me borrow it only for the Saturday bike show? I wasn't planning I having my latest TT500 done for Windber but I am now making a big push to bring it along. I should've had Karen make me a seat months ago but wasn't really thinking about it. I have a seat with a few minor rips that will be good enough for the rest of the weekend, just thought maybe someone may be able to help me out to really put the finishing touche on my bike for the show. Thanks, Nate:thumbsup:

Im off Tuesday so I will do my packing then. A couple of my riders havent been started since last Windber but I did drain most of the gas out last year. I’ll toss some carb cleaner in the trailer in case but Im not worried. It will be a great time as always.

Street Smart

I need to go thru my "riders" this Sunday. One we use all the time, other two just need a looking over. It`s always stressful closing my shop for a day and trying to leave at a decent time on a Friday afternoon, but once I`m there it`s worth it!

Okay...progress finally...:anon.sml:

Got an issue with the rv parking break fixed, and got it out of the shop last week. Got the outside cleaned up, Amy's been working hard cleaning the inside...:thumbsup:

I'm off for two weeks starting Monday, but have been so busy again this year, that I've spent more time working on mini bikes in the last 48 hours it seems, than I had since I got home from Windber last year !

I got four running to bring. One of which is a project I picked up back in the cold weather, that I just started for the first time yesterday...it's gotta 5 hp briggs flathead on it, bout jerked my dang arm off, first couple times I pulled on it...:laugh:

Anyway, after figuring out real fast which was the compression stroke...it's running, but I need a better throttle set up. So if you're coming to Windber, and you got any briggs throttle set up parts, let me know, also, I could use a (better than I have) 1" throttle and cable for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone !

Last edited:
Most of the bikes are finished and loaded in the trailers. We will finish the rest of the bikes before we leave or do them on site. Trailers are all preflighted and the parachute is ready to fly at Windber.
It will be great to see everyone again this week.