Woo Hoo! Caper time!

Both my Caper Cycle frames had locked up fork necks. Didn't think they would ever free up. Been soaking them with penetrating oil for a couple years now, and decided to give them a try again the other night when I was out in the shop, and got them both to start moving. Soaked them down again, and now they move nicely.

Now to get the front suspension working...

Both my Caper Cycle frames had locked up fork necks. Didn't think they would ever free up. Been soaking them with penetrating oil for a couple years now, and decided to give them a try again the other night when I was out in the shop, and got them both to start moving. Soaked them down again, and now they move nicely.

:thumbsup: 71Dodge....I hope you read this... That is true patience

oh my god years!. well see you dont have to have patience with that you have like a zillion bikes so while those were soaking you were prob working on your other 1000 bikes you have or cars or somthing lol. but glad to hear you got them to work properly do you have pics of the bikes?

oh my god years!. well see you dont have to have patience with that you have like a zillion bikes so while those were soaking you were prob working on your other 1000 bikes you have or cars or somthing lol. but glad to hear you got them to work properly do you have pics of the bikes?
Why yes I do...

I did the same with the Arcos I have, well the necks on them were free but the lowers on both were stuck good! A couple of months and a propane torch (not too much heat so the springs are OK) and they came right off! Cleaned them up and re-installed they work great! Patience can pay off!

I was looking at my Capers the other night. I don't see a way to get those front springs out. Is it possible to remove them without cutting the welds on the straps??