The Black Bean !

tomsprops

Without any work out here on the West Coast . I've had some time to Minibike ! So the next bike to get pulled out from my shed is this Blacked out Taco Frijole ! I prepped and painted the wheels and frame Wrinkle black . It will be powered by a Brigg's Flatty . I still need to prep and paint the engine and cut some axel spacers. I'm also thinking about useing a spare Taco seat instead of the little pads they came with ?
I rather be working but F*%@ it ! It should be running at the beggining of the week ? Unless I get a work call !

tomsprops

I bought a can of it last nite ! I'm going to paint the block with Duplicolor engine paint silver or cast iron . Then paint the gas tank and engine shroud with the Hammertone paint .I've never used it B4 so I hope it will hold up to heat ,gas ect . . .? First I have to pressure wash the motor and prep it for paint .

Glad you have some "quality time" Tom.

The wrinkle paint is great because you don't have to prep much but to me it looks the same as paint over rust. :doah:

tomsprops

This frame was Chromed at some point in it's life ? Then forks got broke and sat only to get rusty . I almost didn't reconize it as a Taco when I found it .The chrome became pitted and flaking . So I wired wheeled the whole bike and got it ready to paint .Now it's gonna get ready to see the streets one more time !

Rupp's in California

Looks good. Those bikes must have all stayed on the W. Coast? Do you have Rupps in Ca?
Randy : I sold Rupp machines in my store in Long Beach, Calif. I became a dealer in 1972 the distributor Dee Engineering was new to the line and the mini bike lineup was being taken over by mini cycles. But I did sell some like the Roadster and sprint
Steve :scooter:

tomsprops

I like the wrinkle paint ! Harley's have used it for years on thier engines ! Also it looks really good on this bike .
Beside not all of us can ride bike with a JACKASS on the front ! Let alone the SEAT ! And still feel cool ! :thefinger:

tomsprops

Rupp's are few and far between out here . I love to Race them myself ! I've only seen a roadster or two nothing else .I think that they're a very well made mini .

I like the wrinkle paint ! Harley's have used it for years on thier engines ! Also it looks really good on this bike .
Beside not all of us can ride bike with a JACKASS on the front ! Let alone the SEAT ! And still feel cool ! :thefinger:
And the old school "Harley's" had what kind of seats? :eek:Yes them old hunting bike are so girly! FWIW, cool can't be bought, worn, or owned,,,,, just look at 90% of the "Harely" riders today! :doah: LOL!

Hahaha, Steve was selling bikes the year I was born! You guys are a bunch of old timers.
I've thought about that before with the bikes/local I never see tacos here in Pa. However there was a dist. in NJ if I remember correctly. Nice race photos btw....
:scooter:

YEP by Jingles I am an old timer been there and done that a few times LOL
Life was a whole lot more fun in those days, and I guess that's why we are up for a second round,
Steve :scooter: