Recent content by bpeltzer

1. B

Tecumseh Motor -- Tapered Shaft?

Will the crank from the HM80 be something that you can use?
  2. B

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go that route. I have a HM80 with straight crank shaft, will I be able to swap it out, or should I take it to a machine shop and turn it down to the correct size? I guess that is assuming that there is enough meat to turn to the size I need....
  3. B

Anyone know if this motor will have a tapered shaft? It's on a maxa? generator. I'm thinking about getting it for parts for my HM 80 but would love to just swap it out if it can be done easily. 4kv generator
  4. B

Heald Super? Bronc Restore

Butch, could you take some photos of the throttle connecting rods and return spring on the side of the motor?
  5. B

No dice on the serial number. I worked on trying to get the motor to run all weekend. No dice there either. I'm taking it to a guy tomorrow to have a look at it. I'll see if he can get it going. Otherwise this will be a long wait as well until I get a new motor.
  6. B

Well I started tearing into things this morning. I'm trying to tackle the motor and brakes first. I figure if I can stop and go, the rest is just cosmetic. I scoured the bike for a serial number, but none could be found. Any ideas on where it may be? If there isn't one, I took a bunch of...
  7. B

Hi all, I was able to grab this Heald Bronc this week. It was advertised as a Super Bronc with a 10 HP motor. It came with what you see in the photos as well as some NOS cables for brakes and throttle as well as an original fender, seat, screw in muffler, and some other brackets for a plastic...
  8. B

powder coat help

I'm just down the road from you in centralish PHX. I've kept a bar metal frame in the garage for about a year with no rust. I plan on powdercoating it eventually and will have it blasted prior. I think you'd be fine as long as you don't leave it outside.
  9. B

Baja warrior front disc brake?

You must work at a hardware or gun store. :surrender: I'll just experiment on my own......
  10. B

Let me explain further: I'm building a custom bike, using the Warrior rear hub for a rear wheel, lets just consider that this is the only remaining part from a baja warrior. I can't seem to get enough throw on the lever of the drum brake with the way I have things set up to activate the brake...
  11. B

I guess I was wondering more about the aftermarket hub/disc set up rather than front drum brake. I'm looking to do a hydraulic disc on my rear warrior wheel.
  12. B

Did this ever work out? I'm looking for some beefier brakes for a custom build using a Baja warrior rear wheel that I'd like to add hydraulic disc brakes to.
  13. B

Mini Bike for a First Timer Under 600$?

Yeah, I'm guessing that the MA cops will not give you a pass riding that on the street. And by guess, I mean like 99% sure. I grew up on the Cape, it might fly there if you had a mirror, some brake/tail/headlights and a helmet. No way you get away with that on MV. If you can't afford to lose it...
  14. B

Header thread:

This doesn't work. Tried it with and without sand in the emt. Linked the tubing both times.
  15. B

Header thread:

Anyone ever use a Rigid TR-stand to bend EMT? Ridgid® Model 460 Tri-Stand Chain Vise - 13900 - Northern Safety Co., Inc. I'm going to make a header this weekend and am going to try using this method, probably fill the EMT with sand and heat while making the bends. I'll let everyone know how...