Search results

1. B

jackshaft

What's the purpose of a jackshaft on a doodle bug? Looking to buy a used db to drop my clone on.
  2. B

Not a Bird Duck...

Years ago I was told that my mini is a bird duck. But after seeing them:confused: online, i don't think so. It may have custom bars (I believe). But the frame doesn't dip look the Duck. Top pic is the day I bought it home. Bottom is as it sits right now, awaiting a gift from MAC...
  3. B

Noram Titan or Max Torque

A couple years back I bought a new Noram Titam clutch for a clone engine. Never got to install it and have since reinstalled the Briggs 5hp engine that came with the bike. My question is.... What advantages would I have with the new Titan clutch (12t) over a new Max Torque (12t) on the same...
  4. B

4.10x3.50x5 street tire

Im looking for a street tire for my mini bike. The current wheel tire setup is a slick 4.10x3.50x5 on a split rim. I want to keep the split wheel/hub assembly. But change the tire to a street bike/performance tire. And ideas where I can find one that will fit the rim I have? Heres a pic if...
  5. B

Wheel Wobble

Been gone for a while, but I still have the minibike, lol. Still ride it, and have a question about the rear wheel. I noticed its starting to wobble from side to side. I removed it and inspected the bearings and there good. The axle now has a grove in it from turning with the wheel I guess...
  6. B

My Used & Abused Cart

I was given this kart a couple months ago by a co worker. Its was a roller, and the 3 HP Briggs needed a tune up. Since most of the parts for the karts are interchangeable between mini bikes. I ended up snatching parts off of it to get my mini running. Hence, I have the parts and a 5 HP Briggs...
  7. B

Clone wont start....

So after a full day of riding the engine stopped running. My buddy rode the bike about .5 mile away from my house and it cut out on him. He was gone for 30 min before we went looking for him. Found him pushing it back.... I got it to start, only after addin more oil. It ran for about 2 min...
  8. B

Lest see your shop!

Bought my house last year, and this was one of the last projects we did. Closing Day... Grinding Sealer off
  9. B

Gas Tank...

Soooo, I got me a used tank off Ebay for $20 shipped. Pics showed obvious damage, so i knew what I was getting into. My question is, the tank has an indentation on the bottom. Along with two holes along the seem about 1/2 inch long. :doah: Before I take it to my welder. What advise do you...
  10. B

Lets see some custom paint!

Im going to be stripping my mini down soon and painting it. Can you guys post some pics of your custom painted or powder coated bikes? Thanks in advance :thumbsup: Day 1 Now
  11. B

Switched to the DARK side

Picked up a clone on Friday from HF. i want to build it a little before I start beating on it with the mini bike. Has anyone purchaced THIS kit from ARC? Is it cheaper to buy it as a kit or individual pieces? I will be adding a Robertsons header and Billet flywheel down the road. Along...
  12. B

Got Bored...

So I broke out the grinder! This is what my bike looked like the day I got it... Wrong size axles, no wheel spacers, wrong front wheel, flats, no chain, no sprocket, no grip, NO OIL, motor not starting, and just BUTT UGLY. Thats why I call it the Ugly Bird, lol! I managed to throw it together...
  13. B

Help with frame repair...

After pressure cleaning my Bird a couple weeks ago... Dont call P.E.T.A. :thumbsup: And I noticed that the frame had been repaired due to a break. the weld jobs is sloppy and the welds didnt penetrate the metal barley. What is the best was to repair this section?
  14. B

What is this, and what is it for?

Briggs 5HP (Its under the gas tank)
  15. B

I want powder, BUT....

I want to have my mini powder coated, but the local shops are asking $175-$250 to blast, prep, and coat. Thats what I got from five local shops. Man, I was expecting no more than $80... Guess I will be breaking out the Dupli-Color rattle cans
  16. B

Pics fo Axle Spacers (Needed)

Can you guys post pics of the axle spaces that your using? Ive searched the forum, but there are very little pics. Thanks
  17. B

Build It, or start over?

I currently have a Briggs 5hp (135202 0222 01) Should I keep the Briggs and rebuild it, or get a HF clone, and slowly rebuild it?
  18. B

Binding issues...

Since I got my mini, its been throwing the chain off like crazy. When I installed the chain, it was tight, now its loose. I took another members advice and moved the engine forward some to relieve the slack. Now when I push the mini around I feel the wheel binding, and even locks up on smooth...
  19. B

Dewalt 6.5hp clones... AGAIN!

I DID utilize the search button... Has anyone put these things to use? And Are they any better than the HF Clones? Link
  20. B

Where to buy new/better carb?

Ive got an old 135202-0222-01 Briggs 5hp with the pull out choke. Where can I buy a better flowing carb?