Search results

1. J

How many RPM can stock GX340 handle?

I have two electric-start GX340s. How many RPM can the stock Honda flywheels and connecting rods handle without failing? I'm wanting to build a fat tire woods bike and MAYBE remove the thing that shall not be mentioned here. I'm not wanting to run 8,000 RPM or anything. I don't want to drag race...
  2. J

Ironton engines?

Anybody here have experience with these? Are they another Honda clone? Are they any good? Northern Tool has the 420cc on sale for $269.99. $90 less than the Predator is tempting.
  3. J

Predator vs clone quality?

How do they compare? Is the Predator better quality than the 196cc clone used on the Baja Warrior? How about the 301cc and 420cc Predators? Do they have any quality problems? How do they compare to the Hondas? I want to build my Warrior. I also want to build one of these An Echo in...
  4. J

Predator 212 Hemi no longer available?

This is what I'm wondering. Why am I wondering this? I went to Harbor Freight today, to get one. The Predator 212s were dated 02-18-15. The printed item number on the box said 69730. 60363 was hand-written on the top of the box. I got the store employee to open the box and let me look at...
  5. J

Baja Warrior frame availability?

One of the minibike/go kart suppliers had the frames for the Warriors for about $167. I've forgotten which one and, now I can't find it? Does anyone know who sells the frame for the Warrior?
  6. J

TAV +Engine Plate + Baja Heat/Warrior = Questions

If I use an engine plate on my Warrior (with either the stock engine or a 212 Pred Hemi) to provide clearance for the TAV clone, will it interfere with gas cap removal/installation and refueling? Also, if I do NOT use the engine plate, will I have to cut off reinforcing ribs and part of the...
  7. J

Wheel bearing upgrade for Heat/Warrior

Does anyone know of better wheel bearings for the Baja Heat/Warrior? I want to install higher quality bearings for higher travel speeds and longer bearing life.
  8. J

Baja Warrior use tubed or tubeless tires?

Are the factory tires for the Warrior tubed, or are they tubeless? I want to get a spare set of tires and need to know if I need to get tubes, too. Plus, I'll need to know when I install my front brakes/tire.
  9. J

How good are the TAV knockoffs?

Are the knockoffs as good as a genuine Comet TAV? Are they able to use Comet parts? Is the Comet worth the price premium over the knockoff? There is a huge price difference between Comet and the knockoff. There is even a huge price difference the knockoffs sold by different sellers. I...
  10. J

Honda/clone Stage 4 engine kit ?s

How much HP/torque doe the Stage 4 kit from OldMiniBikes warehouse add to the "200cc" Baka warrior engine? Can this kit be used on the Hemi Predator 212 cc engine? If so, how much HP/torque does it add to the Predator?
  11. J

Which TAV for Baja Warrior?

Got front brakes for my Warrior. Just need to make the bracket and get the right U-bolt to mount it. Next, I want a TAV and perhaps a Predator. Which TAV do I need for the Warrior with the stock engine? Which TAV do I need for the Warrior with the 212 Hemi Predator? TIA
  12. J

Stock Predator 212 hemi better than stock 196 DB200 engine???

Does the stock 212cc Hemi Predator engine have more HP/torque than the stock 196cc clone that comes on the Baja Warrior? If so, how much? How noticeable is the difference when riding? Am I better off modding the stock 196 or would I be better off getting a 212 Hemi Predator and modding it...
  13. J

Bigger wheels and/or tires?

Are bigger wheels and/or tires available for the Baja Warrior? Can 20x7.00-8 tires be used? Looking for the widest, largest diameters I can use on the Baja. Failing that, looking for the widest, largest diameter wheels I can get for/use on it. TIA
  14. J

Trailmaster Monster Dog 2?

Has anyone bought one? Are they any good? Is there anywhere I can get one besides Gokarts USA, or do they have the best price? It looks like a Baja Warrior that has been updated with rear springs and shorter fenders for trail use. Any help appreciated.
  15. J

Baja Warrior still available?

I want to buy a Baja Warrior. I can't find any new ones for sale online. Are they still made/available? Northern Tool and Tractor Supply sold them until fairly recently, but they're not available on their websites now. Where can I get one new? I haven't found any used ones close to me...