Predator 212 Hemi no longer available?

This is what I'm wondering.
Why am I wondering this?
I went to Harbor Freight today, to get one.
The Predator 212s were dated 02-18-15.
The printed item number on the box said 69730.
60363 was hand-written on the top of the box.
I got the store employee to open the box and let me look at the engine.
It has the stamped sheet metal valve cover, not the cast aluminum one.

Is this a Hemi Predator with a different valve cover?
Is this a non-Hemi Predator that has replaced the Hemi Pred in the lineup?

Even the HF website pulls shows the 69730 as the result of a search for 60363.

Another question.
Is the Hemi Predator more powerful, out of the box, than the non-Hemi? (HP? Torque?)

Is the Hemi Predator capable of producing more power than the non-Hemi, when built with the same performance parts?

I did not buy one because of the fact that it did not have the cast aluminum valve cover.
Did I screw up by not getting it?

I'm guessing they are discontinued. What's left in stores and in my trunk are the last of them...

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Type 60363 into HF website and see what happens. Two of our local stores had some and two had none.

If you want the Hemi it seems that way. For someone runnjng a stocker or a mild governed build I don't think there's gonna me much difference. But if I were to build one, I'd choose the hemi.

I will check the local place tomorrow. And see what they have. If you are building them anyway then I would think that place that sells the refurbs would sell them needing to be rebuilt cheap. Last ones I bought from them.The "mechanic specials" were 5 for $100. For $20 each they were worth it for parts.

Does the non-hemi Predator outperform the 196, and if so. by how much?
I honestly think the Predators are lacking in quality. You can buy a box stock project engine from OldMiniBikes Warehouse for just a few bucks more and they are better quality in my opinion.

rmm727

I honestly think the Predators are lacking in quality. You can buy a box stock project engine from OldMiniBikes Warehouse for just a few bucks more and they are better quality in my opinion.

What's it cost on average to ship one of those?

I actually like the Predators with the RT-6 head. Forget what model number that is. They make more power on the dyno (from what I've seen) than the Hemi's. I see the Hemi as buzz word. People are talking about it so more people want it. NR Racing now sells the flattop piston that comes in the Hemi so if you have the good head model, get that piston and you'll be set.

I have a conventional head Predator with a hemi flat top I'm building. I've seen some impressive dyno numbers on the hemi, but that's not to say it can't be achieved with the conventional head. Pm me your address and I can get you a shipping quote Monday. Or you can email it to chad@OldMiniBikes.com

rmm727

Will do.

The RT-6 head is the head with 27mm intake and 25mm exhaust valves with 5mm stems, automotive style retainers, and big ports. Is that what you have or a head from one of the first gen Predators?