1/3 scale Allis Chalmers tractor

I had a minor setback with the steering box , I was using a right angle drill adapter and it just wasn't up to the task
It was 1 to 1 ratio and the plastic housing split

I thought about it all week looking for a small enough steering box , but no luck then inspiration struck lol

I was able to use two #35 sprockets as crown and pinion gears , it gives me a 2 to 1 ratio and seems to work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-n1_5Lwdvs

Now I can move forward and get it done , the trip to Windber coming up fast

Thanks guys , spent some time on it again today grinding welds , drilling tank mount holes and making steering links

I dismounted the old snowhog tires and had a look at the new tractor treads , they were squashed closed with the two sidewalls almost touching so I stuffed the tubes in the loose tires and inflated them , they are spread apart 4" lol going to let them sit a few days

Hope to get a bunch of stuff done tomorrow get it closer to paint

Looked at a few pictures, your right the two tone rims would look nice and add a little break from all the orange. You'll have to find something for a radiator cap as well.

Thanks

I painted the rear wheels , went with a silver metallic base and may spray centers orange later
Then I mounted the tractor tires , it was a struggle to mount heavey tractor tires with tubes on one piece tubless style rims lol

I reassembled some of the painted parts for a look

Have to take it all back apart and complete the frame